Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the Dambusters on channel 5

franks brother

Watching now on channel 5 now did not quite hear the name of guy gibsons dog was it When I first heard it, and then again and again, I thought I must have been mis-hearing it.

Knicker Digger? can any one help thanks:moo:

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Watching now on channel 5 now did not quite hear the name of guy gibsons dog was it When I first heard it, and then again and again, I thought I must have been mis-hearing it.

You would think after the fury of what happened to that DJ that played the version of The sun has got his hat on with it in they would dub it to digger

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A great film and I know it is War but the glee that was shown when the dams had been breached knowing thousands of innocent civilians were going to die sits a bit uneasy.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Ask a certain Top Gear presenter........

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am pretty sure the film has been altered to erase the name of the Dog now.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
How many were saved though US

Good point. It is a still a glorification of an event imo. I wonder if Barnes Wallace went to bed that night and slept easily. Like Oppenheimer.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You would think after the fury of what happened to that DJ that played the version of The sun has got his hat on with it in they would dub it to digger
and in the interests of social inclusion it would be good if the duber had a nice Jamacian patois.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A great film and I know it is War but the glee that was shown when the dams had been breached knowing thousands of innocent civilians were going to die sits a bit uneasy.

I went to a talk on this subject by a man whom flew with this squadron and he said something along the lines of "war is not easy".

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
SPOILER - The Dog Died.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I am pretty sure the film has been altered to erase the name of the Dog now.

An ITV version altered the name of the dog by dubbing in an alternative word but they overlooked the morse code message which transmitted the success of the operation which spelt out the dogs name :lol:

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Good point. It is a still a glorification of an event imo. I wonder if Barnes Wallace went to bed that night and slept easily. Like Oppenheimer.

But people were mentally tougher then US they didn't get upset about things like we do now - We get events of mass hysteria regularly now hyped up by the press and media.

Have you ever seen that photo of the boy strolling down the road past the bodies at Belsen ? How could someone cope with that in any circumstances unless they were mentally evolved to cope with it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I went to a talk on this subject by a man whom flew with this squadron and he said something along the lines of "war is not easy".

I am sure it is not. I love the film but when punching the air when the dams are busted think. Ok, what now ?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

He probably didn't, he was worried about the loss of allied airmen dropping his bombs. Christ's Hospital was his Alma Mater.

Wallis became a Fellow of the Royal Society in 1945 and was knighted in 1968. He was awarded the sum of £10,000 for his war work from the Royal Commission on Awards to Inventors. His grief at the loss of so many airmen in the dams raid was such that Wallis donated the entire sum to Christ's Hospital School in 1951 to allow them to set up the RAF Foundationers' Trust, allowing the children of RAF personnel killed or injured in action to attend the school.[SUP][9][/SUP]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here