Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So I'm Intrigued

Baggie192

May 26, 2014
O.K. So we're both looking for Managers/Head Coaches. I'm interested in the structure of your club, Is it traditional Managerial approach? Or, a more Continental Head Coach/DOF style? We favor the latter

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
This appointment will be as a 'manager' :)

This may be of some interest to you from the Birmingham Mail

[tweet]470980770996445186[/tweet]

All smoke and mirrors at the moment :D

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
O.K. So we're both looking for Managers/Head Coaches. I'm interested in the structure of your club, Is it traditional Managerial approach? Or, a more Continental Head Coach/DOF style? We favor the latter

Stepping stone is what we are :smile:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
West Brom - a historically bigger/Prem club, but going nowhere (or down)?

OR

Brighton - now with bigger attendances, and a Championship play-off place for last two seasons, but seems to be biting the FFP bullet

I guess you have more chance to enhance your CV at the latter. TBH I'm surprised WBA are interested, given PC's inexperience as a manager. Maybe they aren't, if you believe the above tweet.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The new gaffer will be a manager, but we have David Burke working on the transfers. Manager has final say.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
We have a manager but also a director of football. The director of football has overall control of the scouts and provides a list of names for positions but we're told the manager makes the ultimate decision on who's signed. I expect the club will support any suggestions made by the manager for players but could veto them if they have serious concerns about their temperament or fitness.

Which unfortunately hasn't stopped us from signing Kemy Agustein.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The rumour mill spits out XXXX is an identified target to become the next Albion manager and the media plus the bookies doesn't have a clue if it is WBA or BHA :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We have a manager but also a director of football. The director of football has overall control of the scouts and provides a list of names for positions but we're told the manager makes the ultimate decision on who's signed. I expect the club will support any suggestions made by the manager for players but could veto them if they have serious concerns about their temperament or fitness, transfer and wages money.

Which unfortunately hasn't stopped us from signing Kemy Agustein.

Baggie192

May 26, 2014
West Brom - a historically bigger/Prem club, but going nowhere (or down)?

OR

Brighton - now with bigger attendances, and a Championship play-off place for last two seasons, but seems to be biting the FFP bullet

I guess you have more chance to enhance your CV at the latter. TBH I'm surprised WBA are interested, given PC's inexperience as a manager. Maybe they aren't, if you believe the above tweet.

Fighting Talk:D I answered the attendence question elsewhere seriously whose your local rival? We don't want Clement as a manager, we want him as a Coach, Pick the matchday squad/team and traning side of things. We have other better suited for all the other stuff

Baggie192

May 26, 2014
What's the feeling like 'up there'? Are the WBA forums full of hope at landing PC, or do they crave a bigger name/more experience?

Honestly not a scooby doo mate. Clement fits what we need plus there the connection with his brother, Neil. who was a club hero and part of the first Prem squad. Most are upset that Mel got the push though. He had the pedigree to do something interesting. Plus he kept us up

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Oscar Garcia was given the title "Head Coach" because of the legal wranglings that were going on with the JEC at the time.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The next person will be given the job title 'manager' indeed .. but TB made it 100% clear that they will be performing exactly the same role and function as OG.
So no change at all and David Burke will still be doing the same job as he has been doing for 3+ years now.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Clement said he has no intention of going anywhere in the foreseeable future, that he would be staying with RM.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Fighting Talk:D I answered the attendence question elsewhere seriously whose your local rival? We don't want Clement as a manager, we want him as a Coach, Pick the matchday squad/team and traning side of things. We have other better suited for all the other stuff

Our 'local' rival is Pal@rse. The fact that they are so far away (relatively speaking) means that we have a huge catchment area = big current/potential fanbase = good attendances. Looks like PC is staying at RM anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here