• Yates, West Street

Votes: 58 72.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It's an all-West Street semi-final here, (no real surprise). So, east-side or west-side of the street for your scorn...?

The Bright Helm

002.jpg

Yates

14450.jpg

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It is inconceivable to imagine a situation where I'd enter either of these pubs. So I won't be voting. These aren't proper shitty Brighton pubs, they're for people from Crawley.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Yates is far, far worse than 'spoons. There's nearly always an absolute MESS of a woman from a hen-do trying to get in.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Yates, hands down. I actually don't mind Wetherspoons for a quick couple of drinks before moving on, especially early on in an evening before it gets busy, but Yates is the only bar in Brighton I would never, ever go back to. Went once for a drink before a night out, and some fat bulldog bint at the bar actually grabbed my tie (yes I know) and tried to choke me while I was trying to order a drink, for no actual reason. Maybe she was hungry. Never again.

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
Yates for me too, like most have said the bright helm is not too bad if you get in there early or want a afternoon pint and some poorly prepared food quick. The clincher for Yates is its the only drinking establishment where I have seen a women urinating within the bar area, literally just walked a few paces from the bar while waiting to order squatted down then casually walked back up to the bar.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Now that WAS horrific.

better than the Event. with Brighthelm the better of the two, looks like a draw on the east/west side?

though the old Sweet FA edges it for the east side methinks.

(should we do a poll?)

(also, what was the name of the Sweet FA before that, when it was a predominatly pool bar?)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here