• Horatio's Bar, Palace Pier

Votes: 20 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Palace Pier meets London Road - NICE - for the first semi-final to find Brighton's worst grot-hole...

Let's hear it for the toilets...

Branch Tavern

thebranch.jpg

Horatio's

Ceiling%20of%20Victoria%27s%20Bar,%20Brighton%20Pier.jpg

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
That's like having to choose between being burned to death or eaten by lions.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
That's like having to choose between being burned to death or eaten by lions.

Disagree.

No one from Brighton EVER goesa to Horatios, and it's a bit of a tourist-pub-by-numbers, but if you ended up somewhere like that in another place you'd just think 'this is a bit of a shithole - still, I'll have a pint'.

But The Branch Tavern? The horror, the horror...

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Disagree.

No one from Brighton EVER goesa to Horatios, and it's a bit of a tourist-pub-by-numbers, but if you ended up somewhere like that in another place you'd just think 'this is a bit of a shithole - still, I'll have a pint'.

I'd rather be burned to death.

But The Branch Tavern? The horror, the horror...

I'd rather be eaten by lions.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Photo is not of Horatios. That is the bar half way up by fish and chip restaurant.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Yep, that's a photo of Victorias Bar. You need to go further up the pier to experience the wonder of Horatios.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Branch is a deplorable pit.

Only the already knocked out Seafield can rival it as the dreg of the City.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Horatio's isn't even a pub is it? Karaoke bar on the end of the pier shirley?

The Branch is like a Ditchling Road pub theme pub, its that bad.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Me and a few mates would go to The Branch back in the day and play pool on one of the two tables upstairs, which also had a new fangled video game called Space Invaders (guess the era?) During a summer, I broke off during a game of pool, and slapped the white so hard at the front ball of the pack that it flew off the table, through the open window, hovered on the window ledge, then disappeared from view :ohmy:

Panicking a bit, I whizzed downstairs and out into the street, and spied the white across London Rd in the opposite gutter. I retrieved it, expecting it to be chipped or cracked, to find it in perfect nick :)

I shouted up to my pool partner who was looking out the window, 'It's two shots to you, but you've got to play it from here...' :lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
just realised... how exactly has a bar that isnt even really a pub (Karaoke bar as pointed out) got to the semi final when dumps like Mash Tun have been dropped out? just shows how the public cannot be trusted with voting.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I used to pop in the Branch on the way home from work most days in the late 80s; didn't ever intend to, but my mate and I never could walk by. For an early evening drink it was ok.
Horatios, OTOH, I've been in once, on a stag night & I had a teenage scrotebag try to start a fight with me in the bog (I told him not to be so ridiculous).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here