Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] LV= County Championship Division One, Middlesex v Sussex at Northwood, May 26-29, 2014

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
If we see any brightness today, club website says team from

JE Anyon
WAT Beer
BC Brown
RJ Hamilton-Brown
EC Joyce (capt)
J Lewis
MW Machan
SJ Magoffin
SA Piolet
MJ Prior
LWP Wells
LJ Wright
MH Yardy
SAA Zaidi

It would be good for Prior and Wright to get a game

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There will be no play today

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I presume this message from cric info writes off today as well, or were they talking about yesterday

Stumps (No play Wednesday due to a wet outfield) - Day 3 Current time 10:59 local, 09:59 GMT

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
This answers my own question, bleedin outfields.

Attachments

• Sussex 11.jpg
    Sussex 11.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 292

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Were loose

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Middlesex
Sussex
Match abandoned without a ball bowled

I thought this has shown how resilient the squad is to see out a draw, it involved a lot of sitting around, practice and a bit of sleep but we came through with our head high, we can take ourselves on to the game against NOTTS heads held high.

A Bumper crowd on Sunday to celebrate the clubs 175 Birthday, beer festival to boot and if you book and print your tickets online by Saturday they are only £1.75 a bargain if the weather improves this weekend.

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?agency=SUSSEXCC&organ_val=22918&schedule=list

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Middlesex
Sussex
Match abandoned without a ball bowled

I thought this has shown how resilient the squad is to see out a draw, it involved a lot of sitting around, practice and a bit of sleep but we came through with our head high, we can take ourselves on to the game against NOTTS heads held high.

A Bumper crowd on Sunday to celebrate the clubs 175 Birthday, beer festival to boot and if you book and print your tickets online by Saturday they are only £1.75 a bargain if the weather improves this weekend.

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?agency=SUSSEXCC&organ_val=22918&schedule=list
This. Get down to Hove and enjoy First Division cricket while you still can.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I wonder if they'd have manage to play at all had the game been at Lord ???
Conservatively, they would have got at least 150 overs in at Lords - so plenty of time for a result.

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
can we not claim that the game finished as a tie rather than a draw? after all both teams scored the same number of runs and took the same number of wickets......

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
A serious point to be made is that this result is not going to help the cause of Out Grounds is it?

As has already been posted had the match been at Lords there would have likely been two days play, I'm sure Middlesex will be thinking twice about playing at Northwood again.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Well this is the nadir isn't it? The absolute rock-bottom. A four day game and we didn't score a SINGLE RUN! Not one. Even by Sussex's sorry standards that's pretty appalling. Robbo out!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here