Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strange Contacts on Android Phone

Embrace

Oct 28, 2011
Hi All,

Just switched from an iPhone to a Moto G and so far so good. My only issue was that when switching over, it added loads of random contacts which I had to manually delete (I assume these were connected to my email account?).
Since deleting them, its been fine, but whenever I get a text message from a company (I.e BHAFC or Argos), it comes up with really random names, rather than just 'Argos'. Have attached a picture of the text from Argos.

Any ideas on what this could be?

uploadfromtaptalk1401092123788.jpg

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Since Google recently updated hangouts to be the default program to send sms, I've noticed a few problems with contacts but not quite like the ones you are experiencing. I've recently switched to evolve sms which is a pretty nice alternative app from the play store. This seems to have resolved my problems.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
The random contacts thing could be twitter / facebook / email contacts being synced with your phone, but no idea why Argos would appear like that. I know theres a feature in 4.4 (I think) which automatically looks up numbers online when they contact you or call you (i.e. if you dial your doctors surgery, it will automatically know the name of the surgery if it;s listed online and will appear like that), could be an issue with their software linking numbers incorrectly?

Embrace

Oct 28, 2011
Thanks for the input guys. Just really strange as I had a text from the Albion but it came up with a mans name, which is understandable but then when I got the Argos one, it threw me!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here