cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
you could always climb up the hill and tell them to :shutup:

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Detailed report from an Argus reader :-

Just returned from walking my dog near the site and there are around 200 people in various states of drug-fuelled disarray moping around like zombies as the bass throbs from various sound systems. The site is incapable of holding more than around 1,000 people and I doubt it ever got that busy. There are two Police cars near the Golf Course and one dog van down in Saddlescombe. Contrast that with what has been reported in the article above.
Here are my observations. The Police are most definitely NOT struggling to do anything at all, aside from whatever any undercover cops at the site may be doing and there are about three uniformed officers sitting in their cars who are probably updating Sussex Police's Twitter feed but not much else at the moment. 'Local residents' who could possibly be affected by the noise from the site number around fifty at the most and only then when the wind blows the sound in their direction. Saddlescombe, Poynings and Fulking would be the only places which could be affected by the noise.
For around an hour this morning (10-11am), the music from the Free Party could not be heard over the racket the Police Helicopter was making as it hovered and circled the site.
The tragic and entirely avoidable mess is a definite issue for the organisers and attendees, as is the lack of Police action on those who are sitting in cars which line and block the road near the site. Not only the site is strewn with litter and broken glass but also the roads surrounding the site. I didn't notice a single person who was not under the influence of drugs or alcohol and with the amount of cyclists and walkers around, drug/drunk drivers would be my immediate concern if I were a Police officer but it would take a concerted effort to block the roads while processing every driver which entered or left the area, so I cannot see how without a direct attack on drivers and those who are out of control would not result in creating more trouble to resolve.
I understand access to the site was gained by removing a locked gate and by cutting through a fence in three places but this was anecdotally stated to me by an irate resident who seemed to be against anything which they and their friends wouldn't do themselves and a definitely defensive attitude prevailed.
So to the facts. Free Parties in fields are nothing new and i'm old enough to remember the nastiness which the Police inflicted on those arriving at Stone Henge, resulting in 'The Battle of the Beanfield'. Thankfully, times have changed and if all the damage being done is to a gate and a fence, fine the organisers or get them to repair it and to pay for any clean-up needed.

Jul 7, 2003
Didn't hear anything while enjoying a drink in the beer garden at the Shepherd & Dog earlier.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Detailed report from an Argus reader :-

Just returned from walking my dog near the site and there are around 200 people in various states of drug-fuelled disarray moping around like zombies as the bass throbs from various sound systems. The site is incapable of holding more than around 1,000 people and I doubt it ever got that busy. There are two Police cars near the Golf Course and one dog van down in Saddlescombe. Contrast that with what has been reported in the article above.
Here are my observations. The Police are most definitely NOT struggling to do anything at all, aside from whatever any undercover cops at the site may be doing and there are about three uniformed officers sitting in their cars who are probably updating Sussex Police's Twitter feed but not much else at the moment. 'Local residents' who could possibly be affected by the noise from the site number around fifty at the most and only then when the wind blows the sound in their direction. Saddlescombe, Poynings and Fulking would be the only places which could be affected by the noise.
For around an hour this morning (10-11am), the music from the Free Party could not be heard over the racket the Police Helicopter was making as it hovered and circled the site.
The tragic and entirely avoidable mess is a definite issue for the organisers and attendees, as is the lack of Police action on those who are sitting in cars which line and block the road near the site. Not only the site is strewn with litter and broken glass but also the roads surrounding the site. I didn't notice a single person who was not under the influence of drugs or alcohol and with the amount of cyclists and walkers around, drug/drunk drivers would be my immediate concern if I were a Police officer but it would take a concerted effort to block the roads while processing every driver which entered or left the area, so I cannot see how without a direct attack on drivers and those who are out of control would not result in creating more trouble to resolve.
I understand access to the site was gained by removing a locked gate and by cutting through a fence in three places but this was anecdotally stated to me by an irate resident who seemed to be against anything which they and their friends wouldn't do themselves and a definitely defensive attitude prevailed.
So to the facts. Free Parties in fields are nothing new and i'm old enough to remember the nastiness which the Police inflicted on those arriving at Stone Henge, resulting in 'The Battle of the Beanfield'. Thankfully, times have changed and if all the damage being done is to a gate and a fence, fine the organisers or get them to repair it and to pay for any clean-up needed.

Surprising how few know about this. Also that Eavis gave many families protection at his Glastonbury farm afterwoods.

Last edited:

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
The steak was excellent and we then watched the Wolf of Wall Street. Now that was a rave and a half.!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was up there at about 10.30 this morning and could hear music coming from east of the Dyke Inn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here