Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non the wiser

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
[h=1]Interview. Óscar García: "Barça is my team and always will be"[/h]24/05/2014 17:28[h=3]Just arrived in Barcelona after living his first experience in English football, as head coach of the Brighton Championship, attended VAVEL Sabadell.[/h]

NOELIA DÉNIZ

Oscar Garcia, rests in Barcelona awaiting new destination. (Photo: Noelia Déniz - FCB)
Oscar Garcia Junyent (April 26, 1973, Sabadell) arrived at FC Barcelona in juvenile age and progressed through the different categories of youth football to the first team, with which he made his debut in a friendly on May 21, 1991 , with the help of Johan Cruyff.With the Dutchman, who was his guide and teacher, shared bench in the Catalan team, when he took his first steps as coach. The Sabadell led to Juvenil A historic treble in the 2010/2011 season, a year after Israel and start heading to win the league with Maccabi Tel Aviv, this being his first experience in front of a computer professional. After a successful season, made landfall in the English Championship Brighton, managing to lead his team to the playoffs option giving promotion to the Premier. Oscar Garcia, a polite, humble and hardworking man for sure, understands football as it has permeated the club, the club that admits feeling a passion endless.
Question: You have just arrived from England, after a spell at Brighton, how was your experience in Anglo-Saxon lands?
Answer: It was a very good experience, had always wanted to coach in England and the Championship was a great opportunity to start training there. It's an exciting league, where there are many equal, plus the fields are normally filled and a great football atmosphere live.
P: He signed a three-year, but decided to leave the club after the first year.The fans of Brighton was delighted with you and was surprised with his departure after completing a good season and lead the team to the playoffs.What can you say about this?
A: I wrote a letter and said what I felt, I was very grateful to the fans who have supported me from day one to the last, I felt very loved. One of my goals was to make the playoffs to devote to them, because they have been behind me and the team all season. I had a great time coaching the team, I am very happy with the behavior of all players and their performance. As I said before, it was a nice experience because it is an exciting league, Brighton has some fabulous fans and I'm very proud of the work I did there.
Q: Your team finished the season sixth in the standings with 72 points, did he get caught by surprise in the playoffs on the final day?
A: No, because in the last month we saw with real possibilities. There were several teams that were fighting but we knew that if we could rely on ourselves at some point we could get, and it was.
Q: There was talk of 'tiki-taka' of Brighton, by the identity you gave the team. What are the main differences making the Championship with respect to Spanish football?
A: In the Championship there are many teams that use direct game, try to collect the second play, is more opt to get the ball into the box as soon as possible. It is very different to football practice that Spain and even the Premier, where most teams try to play more or have more ball possession.
Q: What do you understand by Óscar García philosophy Barça?
A: It is a very clear philosophy that players have a good time playing, that everyone involved on offense and defense, based on having the ball possession, but not only that, but to seek a goal, trying to get there in combination or seeking long ball to put it in dispute, be creating superiorities in different areas of the field and especially winning games, which is the end of the day what we want. We understand that this is the best way to win, because apart from entertaining the fans, the players have fun.
Hopefully my way and Barca back together
Q: Would like to return to FC Barcelona?
A: The club is and will always be my team. All you can do for the club, I'll be happy to do so. Everyone has to make their way, my way and hopefully Barca back together.
P: Leaving the Junior A with the season still in play, after reaching an agreement with Maccabi Tel Aviv in May 2012, some people were resentful, accusing him of abandoning the team. Can you explain the reasons for the immediate departure?
R: I had already informed the club a few weeks ago I had an offer. It was a league that started soon, I asked permission to go to Barça and Narcis Julia behaved very well, there were no problems at the club he understood my concerns, my exit had to do at that time.
Q: You have always rated their experience as very positive Tel Aviv.
A: Absolutely, I remember fondly the time. It was my first experience at a professional level, with professional players. I think I chose the best place to formarme. Above we were lucky that things worked well, after 10 years we won the league; the people were very happy and me too, because the players had made much progress. In that year we were us, Maccabi went from having no international to have seven.
"Johan Cruyff has always been my inspiration as a coach"
Q: Here in Israel was in contact with the Cruyff family. What is your relationship with Johan Cruyff?
A: The great architect of it was me there was George, who had signed technical secretary at Maccabi. A person who has always believed in me, I am very grateful. I said I wanted to do a project with me and it worked out really well. A person who appreciate, I trust him a lot. As for his father, Johan has always been my inspiration as a coach. I learned many things from him, as I have learned from other coaches I've had in the club, as Van Gaal and Bobby Robson, try out the best in each and Johan took many lessons and much learning.
DSC_0492.jpg
Q: In the beginning as a coach, you were in front of the Catalan team, precisely hand Johan Cruyff. Would you envision taking over any national team at this point?
R: I had a proposal for a national team, but if I have options, I prefer to keep training equipment.
Q. You said, after his departure from Brighton, who occupy the bench or the Real Madrid and Espanyol. What are the grounds for such claims?
R: I move me feelings, now I train, I like to do it in a place where you can feel comfortable, where you can match the ideas, projects and know that they are two clubs that would be impossible to train. I am very Barca, and that's the main reason I did not coach the two teams.
Q: Are you still waiting for team right now?
R: I rejected three offers, because as I said before, I move through feelings. If you do not notice that I have the right feeling to coach that team, and may be the best in the world, if not sorry, not training. I hope things go out and so choose the most convenient option for me.
Luis Enrique is super ready for the first team
Q: It has been known this week that Luis Enrique would take over the first team next season. What do you think of the Spaniard?
A: It is a very valid person, very appropriate for the office. Was as a player, he was coach of Barça B, he knows the players from the quarry, has had experiences outside of Spain, has had a good season with Celta and I think is super ready to coach the first team.
P: The FC Barcelona has confirmed the return of Deulofeu and Rafinha at the club and joining the first team squad. They are two players that you have had in their ranks in the Juvenile. Did you follow your progress?
R: I've always kept in touch with them and several players who were with me Junior.They are two players who looked since if they had expected progression could reach the first team. Now comes the harder they work, which is maintained and have real options to play minutes.
Deulofeu is different because of the ease with which he goes one on one. Rafinha offers high performance in many positions.
Q: What features stand out of the two?
R: Gerard is a different player because many do not have the facility that he has to go one-on-one, it's very fast, very powerful, very well finished. I'm sure it has improved after his experience at Everton, in such a competitive as the Premier League. A Rafinha he also has been playing well with Celtic in the First Division. It is a player who can play in many positions and in all offers very high performance, I hope you also for the first team, because qualities have to do.
Q: Your family has always been closely linked to Sabadell, how do you assess the season is doing harlequin set?
R: One of the teams I always try to be aware, in addition to Barcelona and Maccabi. He is doing very good season, people are excited in the city to try to get into playoffs. It is a very difficult league because there are a lot of equality, win two games, you get up, you lose two games and you put it down. Whatever the outcome, this will have been a very good season for Sabadell.
Q: Your brother Roger was part of the coaching staff for two seasons Sabadell, what are you doing at present?
R: Decided not go there, because I wanted to start training alone, being head coach. You are now looking at options to see if one convinces him to return to coaching.
Q: What do you think is the key to success of coaches who have been part of FC Barcelona?
R: We have grown with a philosophy very clearly from small game, clear to us how we want our teams play, the arrangement tactics, which basics we want our players. Glad to see that many of my former teammates and coaches are succeeding is Pep Guardiola, Luis Enrique, Sergi, the Chapi Lopetegui Koeman. The beautiful thing is to see that many of that generation are now training and things are running us, that speaks highly of what they taught us in the club.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Didn't work out, it's not like he left us with players signed on huge wages and us tinkering on relegation. He couldn't implement his system with our players and we possibly couldn't afford the players he wanted. Therefore, separation was the best deal either party could get. I wish him luck wherever he goes, at least he acknowledges the fans.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The further I got, the more it looked like a google translation..............................

It is , unless Oscar did really play in front of a computer professional :lol:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Needs to take that T Shirt off and burn it before he does anything else.

EastUpperSeagull

Jul 3, 2013
Delusional again. This guy is really starting to annoy me by re writing the history of his time here. I'm so glad he has gone. We need to make managers earn a song and maybe they won't get so carried away that we sing their name. Seriously, wow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here