Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today I became Grandad for the first time!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Thank you so much to Jbizzle (Super Steve Earle jr) and Samantha. Can't wait to meet the newest addition to our family and prospective Junior Seagull.:clap:

I know this will be the start of a wonderful time in my life. I also know this means I can walk along trumping gently as I go, I qualify for a bag of Werthers Originals by the side of my chair and I can drive very slowly whilst wearing a hat in the car.
But what else can I now legitimately get away with?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Pissing in your pants and being smelly ?

Seriously, congratulations - now you have someone to spoil rotten while the parents look on in horror :wink: :clap2::clap2:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Speak to [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION]

It means you can start nauseous threads about potential transfer targets....

Congratulations by the way :thumbsup:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Congratulations, becoming a grandparent was one of the best things that has ever happened to me and I love every minute of it.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Congratulations!

Getting your grandchildren to do all sorts of naughty things knowing that you will not have to sort out the mess left behind.
Find a shrinking cap and get up to all sorts of exciting adventures.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
That is fantastic news. Having grandchildren means so much to me. I love having them to stay with us. Last year our four year old came into our bedroom about 5 o'clock in the morning ,fully dressed with sun glasses on ,and said its a lovely day grandad. He was right it was a lovely day.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Fantastic news,hope you enjoy every second of it.A mate of mine recently became a Grandfather and he never thought he could love a child as much as he loved his own until his grandchildren arrived,I hope you feel the same love for them as he does,and,of course,spoil them rotten with all the things Mum and Dad don't let them have.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Please accept my warmest congratulations. May God bless you and all your family.
two_thumbs_up.gif

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
I remember taking my Grandson to his first match at the Amex, a couple of years ago. When we got home he walked into the kitchen, pointed to his Dad " uh are ya", his Dad replied " you'll find out in a minute".
I'm not good for him really, spoil him rotten , but that's what being a Granddad is all about, mind you it's not cheap.
When he was about 2, I was crouching down and he ran over to me, put his arms round me and said "Grandad", you can't buy that feeling.
You'll really enjoy being a Grandad, I know I do.
Cheers

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Congrats to parents, and also to yourself. Welcome to the Officially Old Club.

I hope you have just as much luck as I have when my grandson has come to footy. Unbeaten record so far, the only "blip" was the draw against Hull in the FA Cup.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Congrats. I became a grandad for the first time 9 weeks ago. Took me by surprise but am now really warming to the idea. Can't wait 'til she's older to really throw it back in my daughters face when she gets all the usual crap parents go through, plus you can give 'em back when you've had enough of 'em! (only joking people, my grandaughter is gorgeous)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Congratulations.

I am currently watching Peppa Pig with my 3 year old Grand Daughter. Humf is up next.

Deep joy.

Grandchildren with us this weekend, I'm working though, however Peppa Pig yoghurts had to be purchased a bit quickly yesterday as we didn't know they were coming, oh and some grapes.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I tell you what you can look forward to.

A fantastic relationship with my eldest grandchild.(11 years old now.)

She comes to Malta every year and we have these conversations- cos she wants to talk to Grandad!

I also got to take her to her first ever football match V Leicester at the Amex. Amazing to see the look on her face. I just love being a grandad. :)

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Good to get the Albion indoctrination process in early, buy them a Brighton shirt or something.

Congratulations BTW. :)

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
What a lovely warm thread. Thank you everybody. I met the little chap for the first time this afternoon with Mrs Earle and our other son. Everybody is smitten with the fella. Grandaddery is definitely for me!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Congratulations. You'll now be able to legitimately piss all over the walls in your son's bathroom and get away with it until the grand-kids fly the nest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here