Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Argus 'expects' Calderon and Bruno to agree new deals.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Buried within the text of another article.

1 year each.

I hope so.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Not fussed about Bruno. Infact i was hoping he was going to be released or not sign a new deal. I feel we need a new right back. Much rather keep Caldy as he isn't injury prone and is more versatile

nipponseagull

Apr 17, 2011
gotta agree - thought Bruno would be released. Whay keep 2 aging RB's ? Keep Calde and get another in !! oh well.....

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
Calderon will retire in Brighton and Calderon will hopefully coach Brighton. Man's a legend.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Why is Bruno so underrated by our fans? He's one of the best players at the club.

To answer my own question, it's probably because he is not entirely suited to The Championship, but we would be mugs to let such a talented player go.

He's a liability as a defender, he assists in very few goals, he scores very few (all this compared to Calderon), apart from that you're right.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
To be fair, I expect them to sign new deals - does that mean I can write for the Argus?

It of course doesn't mean that they will although I hope they both stay on. Calde for a few years longer (who would have thought we would all love him after the Saints fiasco)

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Both have their faults, but I don't understand the dislike for Bruno alongside the gushing for Calderon who was going to jump ship to Scumhampton at one stage.
I also really dislike the "Calde" nickname for some reason.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Why is Bruno so underrated by our fans? He's one of the best players at the club.

To answer my own question, it's probably because he is not entirely suited to The Championship, but we would be mugs to let such a talented player go.

100% agree. Game changer and, although sentimentality of others may disagree, a better defender than Calderon.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I love Calderon to bits and I do agree that Calderon is actually suited better to most of the games in the championship

However, lets not forget those first few 'flairtastic' months when we first signed Bruno...I mean come on...how good was he?! Sure we haven't seen that level of performances on a consistent basis but he's shown glimpes. Delighted that the 2 of them were offered contracts....disappointed however (with the club and players) that they haven't already been agreed and signed!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here