Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guess the QPR FFP fine

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I guess £0

It wouldn't surprise me if they were somehow let off with a slap on the wrists.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A figure in millions that will still leave them with a healthy surplus after winning a place on the Premier League gravy train. Bobby Z probably just saved QPR from being liquidated and their ground demolished for over-priced flats.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Thought if they got promoted, the fine was £0? The PL and FL are different beasts............can you fine a memeber of another 'association'?
If they had not won today I believe that it would have been circa £50m

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Thought if they got promoted, the fine was £0? The PL and FL are different beasts............can you fine a memeber of another 'association'?

Read up on ffp then, how many times?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
£10,000

it'll be a fine , but a slap in the face fine.

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
A piece on the BBC website today. You read up. Jog on Donkey x

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
A piece on the BBC website today. You read up. Jog on Donkey x

The FL FFP agreement is a fine (only) if a club that is promoted to the PL has breached the FFP allowable loss. If a club breaches the allowable loss and is not promoted, the penalty is a transfer embargo.

Whether the PL will support the FL fining one of its (now) members is an entirely different, but valid, point.

The consequences of a large fine (which in QPR's case I'm almost certain it would be) or a long transfer embargo are so serious (as they were intended to be), that pretty much the only certainty is that Messrs Sue, Grabbit & Run will be involved; quite possibly engaged both by clubs trying to avoid penalties and by clubs (possibly including BHA) seeking to ensure that the full force of FFP is enforced.

We're in for a long year or two as all this rumbles on.

My guess is that QPR's fine under the existing rules will be of the order of £40m, but that, what with legal challenges and a lack of support from the PL, it'll be settled at around £5m :shrug:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Fine is for promoted clubs - it would've been a transfer embargo if they'd stayed down. If they apply the sanctions to he letter, I'd reckon QPR will get a fine of around 35m.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
If the FL and PL can't agree, and QPR refuse to pay because 'they're in a different division', the FL should turn around and say 'ok, but if/when you're relegated from the Premier League, you'll have to enter at the very bottom of the pyramid.'

I know it will NEVER happen, but I would love that to be the response if the FL fine QPR but legal challenges mean QPR do not pay.

I hate all these legal challenges too. The Football League is the governing body, if you want to play in their leagues, you should abide by there rules, and not be shocked to be punished for breaking the rules! It's not like FFP was secretly brought in!

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Fine is for promoted clubs - it would've been a transfer embargo if they'd stayed down. If they apply the sanctions to he letter, I'd reckon QPR will get a fine of around 35m.

My bad, thanks for the info.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Not sure you can haggle a FFP fine, chances are it will only increase if you contest it.
Hopefully it will be in the multi-million pound bracket.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
£15m. £0 of which will ever be paid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here