Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Got to play Derby again next year

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Good. One season wonder and after losing to them 4 times, we get the chance for pay back. Did you lip read some of the 'fans'? made me chuckle:lolol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
As said on another thread, they may not be the same proposition next year if they fail to keep this squad together. Premiership bids and all that.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Will be interesting to see how Derby react next season. They were riding a huge wave of optimism but have to say that performance was very disappointing, especially for such an attacking side up against 10 men.

Watford were similar favourites going into last years play off final but lost to a very late goal that must have left them badly scarred. They never really contended this season (mind you they have already made a couple of decent signings, so could be a rival to watch).

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
With a new defence and goalkeeper!

I really do think they have been unlucky not to go up...

I thought you weren't going next season?

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
So our record against the teams promoted was:-

Played 6, won 4, drew 2, lost 0..goals for 11 against 2.

Funny old game

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
QPR only had 1 shot on target and 1 corner all game. Now Derby can spend the weekend and next week feeling pissed off. They robbed us of two pens at ours so justice is served.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Chance for revenge I guess. We're overdue a result against them really.

Surely they'll lose Hughes and who knows where their on loan players will end up. They may grow from this and do a Leicester or they may fall apart and do a Watford.

Does seem a bit of a shame all things considered but given how badly they embarrassed us this season it would be nice to get the chance to give them a taste of their own medicine, should we actually get some players in and a manager who favours attacking football

Stan Awful

Jan 20, 2010
Worthing
We take 14 points off the three promoted sides and lose to third place team four times and we are both still in the championship next season.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I don't want to play them again just now. They gave us a skilled and composed and admirable beating. QPR are the sorts of diamond-encrusted cowards I'd more fancy our chances against. Nadgers.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Derby were good this year but they certainly had the rub of the green against us. First game we had a stonewall penalty denied; 2nd game they win 1-0 with a deflected goal; 3rd game they win 2-1 with an own goal off of the keeper's arse (and injury to key player after 25 mins); 4th game we lose our 2 first choice centre backs after 20 mins and have to have a left back play centre back and be replaced by a DS player.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It's not as if they have big name players on high wages so I can see them keeping the majority of their squad together and being up there again next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here