Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sidwell released

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Would LOVE him back here , but I'm certain a lower half Premiership side will take a punt on him.

Also would we even come close to paying the wage he'd expect? FFP and all that..

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
It would be nice if we started sorting out positions we're actually short of than look for another CM(despite how good he is).

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
It would be nice if we started sorting out positions we're actually short of than look for another CM(despite how good he is).

Spot on feller, like a couple of central defenders, goalkeeper and a couple of strikers would be nice. I really can't see the need for another midfielder.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
In which case we also have to be realistic and realise we're not going to be getting out of this division anytime. At least not upwards.

You don't need to spend big wages on players to get out of this devision. There's a difference between paying reasonable wages, and being oversubscribing with big wages. Look at Burnley for example. And now look at Bolton, paying too much for no reward (aside from racking up a massive debt). Spending 10-15k a week on players is more than enough to get a competitive squad, not 50K a player!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It won't happen overnight, but with FFP coming in, players whose contracts are ended - especially those that have been relegated - may well start to find that the next contract isn't quite as lucrative as the last one. Whether that will ever mean players coming down to accept our wage levels, I don't know - but hopefully it will eventually.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Spot on feller, like a couple of central defenders, goalkeeper and a couple of strikers would be nice. I really can't see the need for another midfielder.

Well it probably helps replace the 3 that we've released/finished their loans...so entirely appropriate in my opinion.

Plus, there's nothing to say we aren't working on deals - no news does not mean nothing is happening.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Well it probably helps replace the 3 that we've released/finished their loans...so entirely appropriate in my opinion.

Plus, there's nothing to say we aren't working on deals - no news does not mean nothing is happening.

How about the fact we have just signed one since the released list was named.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here