Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dummett (Newcastle) gets death threats from Uruguay fans re tackle on Suarez

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Bit extreme!!

I'm guessing South America has been crossed off his bucket list. :eek:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/22/paul-dummett-newcastle-luis-suarez

It is thought that a heavy tackle from Dummett during Liverpool’s final Premier League game of the season – a home win against Newcastle – caused the damage. The Wales left-back was sent off for the challenge, although that red card was rescinded on appeal.

One message read: “Hi Paul Dummett. I hope some day you come here [Uruguay] to have a nice time with friends. We have things for you, like a bullet in the head.”

Another tweeted: “Hey, Paul Dummett. If Suárez doesn’t play against England, you’ll never play again.”

All in all it was quite a day for Dummett, who also received a call-up to Chris Coleman’s Wales squad to face Louis van Gaal’s Holland in a friendly in Amsterdam on 4 June.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Probably no worse than what that Argentinian got who broke Beckham's metatarsal prior to the 2002 World Cup.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Probably no worse than what that Argentinian got who broke Beckham's metatarsal prior to the 2002 World Cup.

Possibly. But I remember a player (Ecuador??) that missed a penalty in a crucial World Cup game who got executed by a cartel/mafia gang because of the money that he had cost them! Crazy those latinos!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We can hardly get sniffy about it. Several beleaguered referees have been on the receiving end of similar threats from moronic English fans after perceived injustices over the years.

That guy who sent Beckham off, he got loads of personal threats for starters.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Possibly. But I remember a player (Ecuador??) that missed a penalty in a crucial World Cup game who got executed by a cartel/mafia gang because of the money that he had cost them! Crazy those latinos!!

Andres Escobar of (predictably) Colombia.

Scored an own goal while playing for Colombia Vs USA, Escobar was his name.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
We can hardly get sniffy about it. Several beleaguered referees have been on the receiving end of similar threats from moronic English fans after perceived injustices over the years.

That guy who sent Beckham off, he got loads of personal threats for starters.

And the ref who wouldn't let the late Sol Campbell goal stand against Portugal in the Euros many moons ago.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And the ref who wouldn't let the late Sol Campbell goal stand against Portugal in the Euros many moons ago.

Yep.

I have a feeling the Beckham one was called Kim Milton Nielsen or something like that.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The referee Urs Meier took some very unrequired abuse not that long ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here