Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comparing Championship play off records

Feb 14, 2010
The Albion have reached the Championship / second tier play offs 3 times. Lost in them every time. I was reading The Standard last night and I saw that Palace have been in them 5 times (89,96,97,04 and 13) won 4 lost 1. They must have the best or one of the best records in the play offs of any club. How their history would be different if they had a play off record that the Albion players have delivered for us!

AmexGold

Banned
Apr 22, 2014
The Albion have reached the Championship / second tier play offs 3 times. Lost in them every time. I was reading The Standard last night and I saw that Palace have been in them 5 times (89,96,97,04 and 13) won 4 lost 1. They must have the best or one of the best records in the play offs of any club. How their history would be different if they had a play off record that the Albion players have delivered for us!

That was just finals. We lost semi-finals in 2006 to Watford and 2008 to Bristol C.

In finals, yes we're 4/5.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Why dont you two Palace supporters (Working Class Pride & Amex Gold) fvck off to your own forum.

If only we had some moderators on this forum.

Feb 14, 2010
Why dont you two Palace supporters (Working Class Pride & Amex Gold) fvck off to your own forum.

Thanks for that. My first Albion game was 1977, when was yours by chance? I also was at the York City replay, were you?

Feb 14, 2010
That was just finals. We lost semi-finals in 2006 to Watford and 2008 to Bristol C.

In finals, yes we're 4/5.

Very impressive play off record. Your players have done very well for you since Coppell onwards. The Albion went on the skids, the Archer wars, Gillingham, Withdean. Its not been great.

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Covering play offs in all 3 divisions, Preston N E have the worst record having qualified 9 times & having failed to be promoted every single time. How sad.

AmexGold

Banned
Apr 22, 2014
Very impressive play off record. Your players have done very well for you since Coppell onwards. The Albion went on the skids, the Archer wars, Gillingham, Withdean. Its not been great.

But the Albion on the up now. Lots of clubs struggle in the POs. The next managerial appointment is huge.

Palace have had some luck in the POs, both West Ham in 2004 and Watford last year just didn't turn up.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

How's your thumbs ? :whistle:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here