Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The big 3 parties 3500 seats, UKIP 157...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Despite all the hype UKIP are still tin-pot. Come next year we're be saying, What happened to UKIP?

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Lib Dems who are power sharing with the Torys just 404! 17% of the vote, if they get that in the Euro elections will get 17% of 73 seats as its proportional representation.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So UKIP will do well under PR, quite ironic its a European still voting system.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Only 33% of the electorate bothered to go and vote. It is usually higher in a general election because people feel it is more important. Therefore, only the more dedicated voter makes the effort in European and local councils, which means the fringe parties get the protest vote. It very often happens and is no indication of what will happen next year.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The question is, which of Labour and the Tories will be able to woo the UKIP vote back.

Whoever does the better job will probably win the election.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Lib Dems who are power sharing with the Torys just 404! 17% of the vote, if they get that in the Euro elections will get 17% of 73 seats as its proportional representation.

There were only 161 local council elections , not the whole country. There are vast swathes of the country where the electorate only voted in the European elections. The opinion polls have all suggested the LibDems will finish in 5th place behind the Greens on Sunday and could end up with no MEPs.

ChicagoGull

May 17, 2014
The BBC's projected national share of the vote suggests UKIP would have scored 17% in a Britain-wide election.

Labour would have got 31% of the vote, ahead of Conservatives on 29% with the Liberal Democrats on 13%.

Becoming the third party in the UK is hardly tinpot. Especially when they have said all along they wanted the EU election success as their bullseye.

Honestly this hatred for that party is making me CHEER THEM ON and I voted GREEN.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Only 33% of the electorate bothered to go and vote. It is usually higher in a general election because people feel it is more important. Therefore, only the more dedicated voter makes the effort in European and local councils, which means the fringe parties get the protest vote. It very often happens and is no indication of what will happen next year.

Its bizarre UKIP are getting the low socio economic vote yet are the most right wing of all the parties. Most of the UKIP protest vote know little about what they are about. Their NHS policy would scared 95% of the pop for a start..

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The BBC's projected national share of the vote suggests UKIP would have scored 17% in a Britain-wide election.

Labour would have got 31% of the vote, ahead of Conservatives on 29% with the Liberal Democrats on 13%.

Becoming the third party in the UK is hardly tinpot. Especially when they have said all along they wanted the EU election success as their bullseye.

Honestly this hatred for that party is making me CHEER THEM ON and I voted GREEN.

How can a Green voter have any heart for UKIP, c'est bizarre...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The question is, which of Labour and the Tories will be able to woo the UKIP vote back.

Whoever does the better job will probably win the election.

Or it could be a case of which party haemorrhages even more votes to UKIP , whoever controls the bleeding will probably win the election.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
UKIP sounds like a splendid name for a sleeping pill.

'take a one UKIP half an hour before bedtime, then wake up in the morning, refreshed and ready to vent your anger at the world.'

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
My worst nightmare is a Tory/UKIP coalition after the next election, goodbye NHS, goodbye social benefits, goodbye any restraint on the worst excesses of a right wing xenophobic government

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My worst nightmare is a Tory/UKIP coalition after the next election, goodbye NHS, goodbye social benefits, goodbye any restraint on the worst excesses of a right wing xenophobic government

UKIP will not win a single seat at the next election.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The thing is you wouldn't be able to work out if a policy is originally a UKIP one or a Tory one :smile:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
UKIP will not win a single seat at the next election.

I hope you are right,but I can see them picking up a couple in Essex, and maybe one or two in somewhere like the Lancashire mill towns, they are much more organised than their BNP antecedents

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here