Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BUILD BUILD BUILD!.....on greenbelt!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
So many problems would be solved if this was done - more houses, more schools, more hospitals and of course a heck of a lot more JOBS! There'll still be PLENTY of countryside to enjoy, times have changed, I'd rather live in a affordable house then stare at an empty field!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I like empty fields. They keep the riff-raff away.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Except they don't build the schools or hospitals or enough infrastructure to support those houses. Planning guidelines don't require those things to be in place to support additional housing. Plus it's all about how many houses can you squeeze onto one piece of land, not how many or what type are actually required in that particular area.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
How about we don't?

The water and sewerage supplied are already over stretched in the South. It would cost millions/billions to provide a network that could bring water in from around the country and would also cause a lot of moaning about the roadworks to get it done.

Surely we could invest more in other areas and attract business to then to ensure they become as financially stable meaning people don't flock to an overcrowded area?

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Yep - lets turn the island into one big mega city of service sector workers - what a utopia you dream of.

green lush nature - what nonsense.

what a genius.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
So many problems would be solved if this was done - more houses, more schools, more hospitals and of course a heck of a lot more JOBS! There'll still be PLENTY of countryside to enjoy, times have changed, I'd rather live in a affordable house then stare at an empty field!

Where is my Mrs going to keep her horse then?

If she didn't have that horse I wouldn't get some peace and quite when she goes riding. :smile:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Fine fine you win, I'll just spend the rest of my life getting screwed over paying rent because I'll never be able to buy my own place!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I guess the OP I is fishing.

Over 800,000 empty houses in the UK, plus thousands of empty shops and offices in our town centres that could be converted into affordable housing.

But seeing as the Housebuilders federation are one of the largest contributors to the Tory party, no wonder this government continues to try and concrete over our countryside.

Start regenerating the inner cities of the midlands and the north, 20 mile tailbacks in both directions on the M 25 tonight,the South east is full!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Fine fine you win, I'll just spend the rest of my life getting screwed over paying rent because I'll never be able to buy my own place!

I'm in the same boat as thee. However, it is my belief that there are shed loads of brownfield sites available, and empty properties too.

Housing is a major issue in this country, and priority should be given to a massive schedule of social builds.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Well that theory went down well-----have another :drink:

I'm still at work! 13 hour day to help pay for my rent because all these morons are crying over a bit of countryside! WAKE UP we are overcrowded major building needs to happen, can't rely on empty plots/houses in city centres!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Well that theory went down well-----have another :drink:

Iv'e sorted your drainage problem.
23li051.jpg

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I'm still at work! 13 hour day to help pay for my rent because all these morons are crying over a bit of countryside! WAKE UP we are overcrowded major building needs to happen, can't rely on empty plots/houses in city centres!

So we are overcrowded, but you want to build more houses, thus encouraging more people and more overcrowding.

Genius.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here