Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Financial info on the club from guardian website- Directors taking it in!

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Ownership

Owned by Tony Bloom, a professional gambler based in Brighton.

Turnover £23.4m

6th highest in the league

Wage bill £21m

8th highest in the league

Wage as a proportion of turnover 90%

Directors’ pay £801,038 for 10 directors, highest got £480,002

Loss before tax £14.8m

Net debt Not stated: £51m loans

Interest payable £0.006m

Accounts for the year to 30 June 2013

State they’re in

Epitomise the crushing economics of the Championship, losing £14.8m even with the huge boost gained by the move to the new American Express community stadium in 2011. Reliant on investment from Tony Bloom, a professional gambler whose family have long involvement in the club, Brighton support FFP, and are pledging to move towards breaking even

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/22/club-by-club-guide-championship-finances-2012-2013

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
TEN directors?!??? How do we have 10 directors?!
What do they all do?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Hmm, so one director got £480k and the other 9 got £320k between them?
Methinks that's likely a bonus for something or other. Does Barber count as a director? If so, has to be him.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The other 9 are hardly racking it in - and if you averaged the total, still only be £80k each which is what directors of many companies earn, often a lot more. I'm not faking outrage here, hardly bankers are they and what's more we all love 'em!

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Most directors of football clubs do it for the love of football, not as a career .
But as our directors are doing such a great job of hanging on to managers and attracting top players I'd say they are well worth it.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
It's not "taking" or "racking" it in. It's RAKING ffs. Good to see us ploughing cash into the exec rather than the squad. Marvellous scenes.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Also, in fairness, look at Sheff Wed...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It's not "taking" or "racking" it in. It's RAKING ffs. Good to see us ploughing cash into the exec rather than the squad. Marvellous scenes.

Good point Sgt Spelling. It's a Fare cop.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
£408 K for a director is a great earn, I do hope he appreciates how well off he is and, if further cutbacks are required, he is willing to cut his own pay by about £200K now wouldn't that would be good ?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Oh dear - that's not a good news story considering everything that's gone on. Makes you wonder why we have the luxury of a director of football doesn't it when a manager can do the same job?

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
If you strip out parachute payments we would probably be one of the top teams for turnover. Birmingham maybe above us as I don't think still have parachute payments

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Tbf that's acceptable for a director, I'd rather pay slightly more for a director that runs the club well than someone who goes for glory, signs a bucket load of players and fails.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Tbf that's acceptable for a director, I'd rather pay slightly more for a director that runs the club well than someone who goes for glory, signs a bucket load of players and fails.

I agree with your comment, a business needs good solid directors/chief executive to ensure the business is being run properly and to look at new avenues of income. Good people command a decent wage.

You get what you pay for.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Oh dear - that's not a good news story considering everything that's gone on. Makes you wonder why we have the luxury of a director of football doesn't it when a manager can do the same job?

It's not good news for anyone and many more are far worse. Moreover, we know TB is sticking around and a true fan. Plus he's stinking rich, private and appointment people to get the club on sound financial footing. Which puts us bottom of the bad news league IMO - which is a good place.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I posted this on the other thread this morning but look at Palace.

Directors’ pay No directors were paid

They manage to run their club, sell players for a good profit, get promoted and yet take no pay out of it.

We have well paid directors, can't keep managers and lose players to other clubs who can pay more.

Something is wrong somewhere.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I posted this on the other thread this morning but look at Palace.

Directors’ pay No directors were paid

They manage to run their club, sell players for a good profit, get promoted and yet take no pay out of it.

We have well paid directors, can't keep managers and lose players to other clubs who can pay more.

Something is wrong somewhere.

Nothing is wrong! Bhafc is a potentially multi-million pound business, a new business, that is on a huge development/learning curve. It has brand new state of the art facilities and the business is committed to be self-sustaining. It is not the current Crystal operation.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Nothing is wrong! Bhafc is a potentially multi-million pound business, a new business, that is on a huge development/learning curve. It has brand new state of the art facilities and the business is committed to be self-sustaining. It is not the current Crystal operation.

Right oh.

Let me know when we reach our potential.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I agree nothing is wrong. Football is, sadly, a business. And to succeed you need to have financially astute people running the club. Of course, we could have the likes of Belotti, Ken Bates, or Vincent Tan running the club. Even the guys at the likes of Bolton etc.. Have ruined their clubs.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here