Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] HEALTH SCARE PROMPTS BUTTERS TO BACK CAMPAIGN

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Former Albion defender Guy Butters has revealed how a prostate health scare motivated him to play a prominent role in an Albion in the Community (AITC) and Prostate Cancer UK's awareness campaign which ends next week.

Butters appeared in one of the two campaign videos, starring alongside Albion striker Craig Mackail-Smith, and said that his own scare had made him think about the importance of being involved.He told seagulls.co.uk, “I had some relevant symptoms linked to prostate health a couple of years ago and decided to go and see my GP to get them checked out. Luckily I got the all-clear.
"I wanted to use my experience to help to break the ‘taboo’ and silence over the issue. I’ve known other people who’ve left things too late.”

The video shows Butters and Mackail-Smith training on the Amex pitch, displaying some unusually wayward passing to highlight the possible signs of a prostate problem.“I got a bit of ribbing about my passing and the subject matter – but you don’t mind that as long as it gets people talking about it,” added the 44-year-old, who played 187 times for the club between 2002 and 2008.
The video has proved to be a big hit with Albion fans and Butters puts this down to the fun factor behind it.
“I had great fun being involved and I think it is important to highlight these issues in this way. It can make you feel more comfortable talking about them."
Prostate Cancer UK, the Football League’s official charity, chose the club to pilot their first ever fan-led awareness campaign following a number of similar successful AITC projects. Albion fans were involved in developing ideas for the month-long campaign and took part in the filming of the other video – a half-time team talk given to them by former Albion manager Alan Mullery.
With the campaign set to end next Wednesday , Butters urged Albion fans to find out more about it.
“If they haven’t done so already I’d encourage them to visit our webpage and watch the videos.”
Click here to visit the campaign website and see the videos.
Click here to donate to AITC.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here