glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
God you could make loads of very good teams with that lot

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Chuks Aneke would potentially be a good signing, had a good spell on loan at Crewe last season, 14 goals from 36 appearances in a side that was fighting relegation all season

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Palace are releasing loads, speroni could do a job

Speroni was their player of the season! :shrug:

What is it with player's of the season wanting to leave?? :ffsparr:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Quite a few standouts for me:

Could Schwarzer still do a job? Would he want to?

And how about getting Steve Sidwell back?

Gareth Barry used to play for us, sort of. Maybe he'd like to return in his twilight days?

Joleon Lescott to replace Upson?

Matt Etherington could certainly cut it down here.

Think both Zoltan Gera and Liam Ridgewell have been mentioned on here before. Both would be fantastic additions.

Realistic? Possibly not. But we've pulled it out of the bag before

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Barry isn't a bad shout at all. He used to attend a lot of our DS games

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
God you could make loads of very good teams with that lot
Is there, really?

Quite a few standouts for me:

Could Schwarzer still do a job? Would he want to?

And how about getting Steve Sidwell back?

Gareth Barry used to play for us, sort of. Maybe he'd like to return in his twilight days?

Joleon Lescott to replace Upson?

Matt Etherington could certainly cut it down here.

Think both Zoltan Gera and Liam Ridgewell have been mentioned on here before. Both would be fantastic additions.

Realistic? Possibly not. But we've pulled it out of the bag before

Schwarzer is the only realistic option there, and even then there's probably comparable elsewhere.
The rest are easily passable or laughable as in the case of Lescott playing second division football on 90% less wages.

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
Fryatt and Koren of hull would be good. Not too high on the wage earners list and quality for this division.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I see Jack Collison has been released by West Ham. He went out on loan to Bournemouth and Wigan this season so presumably he's ok with a drop to the Championship. Rob Koren and Matty Fryatt are both proven players at this level who I imagine wouldn't be on silly money. Dan Gosling, Kieran Westwood and Marc Albrighton would all be decent shouts too. A Chelsea STH mate of mine told me Sam Hutchinson was supposed to be quite highly rated, he's a centre half who can cover at full back, was on loan at Sheffield Wednesday this season, I'm surprised he's gone. All round there's some very decent names on that list.

Edit: Just seen Gosling has gone to Bournemouth. Never mind about him then.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Robert Koren to replace Orlandi.

Matty Fryatt to replace Hoskins.

Wouldn't complain if either or both of those came in, very good championship players.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Is this a list of players being released or just out of contract and yet to negotiate a new one ?

Both, any player who is out of contract has been included e.g. Lampard who will hold talks with Chelsea following the World Cup

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
West Ham have released Joe Cole, Jack Collison and George McCartney. I'd take Collinson and Cole, not see much of McCartney.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Aneke Chukwuemeka Ademola Amachi - no idea if he's any good, BUT, what a name. Sign him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here