Pig
Upson
Ward
Andrews
Orlandi
Lindgard

Next:
Ulloa (?)

Am I right to be so damned concerned or should I, as Sir Micky of Adams oftentimes used to say, 'Keep the faith'?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Out:

Pig
Upson
Ward
Andrews
Orlandi
Lindgard

Next:
Ulloa (?)

Am I right to be so damned concerned or should I, as Sir Micky of Adams oftentimes used to say, 'Keep the faith'?

Keep the faith. That's a huge amount of wages budget freed up. The new man - whoever he is - will be able to work with David Burke to bring in a team that truly represents him. The issue with the contract lengths and Gus Poyet's legal status was that Oscar never truly had "his " players.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
3 of those players weren't ours
Orlandi was hardly part of the team, did nothing of note over the season
Upson - Big loss, however he's not getting any younger
Koosh, well his mind didn't look with it towards the end of the season so probably for the best he went however was great for a lot of his time with us.

I'm actually excited about next season, we needed a clear out in all honesty. Just my opinion anyway.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I remember right after Oscar left lots of people were saying we should clear out all the "dead wood" now its happening (maybe not upson) you're all panicking, WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT FROM THE CLUB

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Out:

Pig
Upson
Ward
Andrews
Orlandi
Lindgard

Next:
Ulloa (?)

Well, the likes of Ward, Andrews, and Lindgard weren't ours to keep anyway, but we will have to start adding some new signings to replace the missing players fairly soon.

A new manager in the same time frame would be nice too!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Out:

Pig
Upson
Ward
Andrews
Orlandi
Lindgard

Next:
Ulloa (?)

Don't forget the manager

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
3 of those players weren't ours
Orlandi was hardly part of the team, did nothing of note over the season
Upson - Big loss, however he's not getting any younger
Koosh, well his mind didn't look with it towards the end of the season so probably for the best he went however was great for a lot of his time with us.

I'm actually excited about next season, we needed a clear out in all honesty. Just my opinion anyway.

Yes my opinion too. However, lets wait and see who these sold/released players are going to be replaced by. I'll wait till nearer the start of the new season before l decide how excited l am.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The "rebuilding" of a top six championship team would be a much more appropriate and realistic phrase than the attention grabbing unrealistic phrase "decimation"

Decimation means the culling of one in ten. As we've got rid of about a tenth of our players, it's fair enough to use it.

Still smacks of bed wetting though

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Out:

Pig
Upson
Ward
Andrews
Orlandi
Lindgard

Next:
Ulloa (?)

Is Ward out ? Not seen anything public other than him saying how desperate he was to stay last week.
PIG - not been anywhere near the top of his game for ages
Upson - good luck to him, but prob one season left at best anyway
Andrews - not a huge loss IMHO. Nzuzi looks good
Orlandi - limited by injury, didn't contribute much this season
Lingard - would be happy to see him stay TBH as may develop
Ulloa - think he'll struggle in the prem if he goes. If he stays we need to get someone supporting him better

Loads of time to build a new squad, looking forward to next season. I shall be firmly keeping the faith at this point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here