Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The brain of Ancelotti: Marca article about Paul Clement

basque seagull

Oct 21, 2012
http://www.marca.com/2014/05/23/fut...1993637843d3edcfd8bbe19b33bdc9ab&t=1400850789

Califica a su jefe como "un experto" bajo la presión
El 'cerebro' de Ancelotti

Paul Clement desvela algunos secretos de cómo prepararán la final de la Champions

El 'cerebro' de Ancelotti
J. I. García-Ochoa. Lisboa 23/05/14 - 10:46.

imprime
envía

Carlo Ancelotti habla muy poco con los jugadores. No le gusta, asegura el italiano. "Es mejor hablar poco y claro, si no, los futbolistas se aburren". La parte dialéctica corre por cuenta de Paul Clement, la mano derecha del italiano desde que coincidieran en el Chelsea.

Este inglés, que poco a poco empieza a hablar español, es el encargado de llevar la voz cantante en las charlas con los jugadores cuando toca hablar de táctica y de los equipos rivales. También el que da las órdenes en los entrenamientos. Siempre con su tableta electrónica en la mano, Clement es el que repasa con los jugadores toda la estrategia y las jugadas tácticas antes de los partidos.

Ancelotti motiva, da el equipo y expone la línea de juego. Zizou hace terapia individual. Y Paul es el que, uno a uno, va dando las órdenes concretas a cada jugador. Marcas y colocación en las jugadas a balón parado, lanzadores de faltas...
anapixel

En la previa de una final de Champions, le toca ser más minucioso que nunca. "Siempre damos tres charlas técnicas a los jugadores antes de un partido y así lo haremos en la final. Una el viernes (hoy) y otras dos el sábado, una por la mañana, sobre la hora de la comida, y otra por la tarde, antes del partido. Ahí vemos todo, ponemos vídeos de los rivales, de nuestros jugadores...", explica el segundo de Carlo.

Entiende Clement que en partidos como este, la concentración puede decidir el título, por lo que hay que cuidar todos los detalles. Pero no oculta que tan importante como la táctica, es la motivación. Y ahí, aunque pueda parecer lo contrario, Ancelotti es un maestro. "Sabe cómo motivar a los jugadores. Él ha jugado al fútbol, tiene mucha experiencia en finales y en partidos grandes y sabe cómo hay que hablar a los jugadores... ¡Ha estado en siete finales! Se maneja muy bien con la presión".

Al margen de la charla táctica, los jugadores se encontrarán el sábado con un vídeo motivador preparado por el cuerpo técnico. "Lo hemos hecho varias veces esta temporada. Será un vídeo bonito, especial, pero no vamos a decir con qué música", cuenta.

La Décima sería la guinda a una temporada que el cuerpo técnico califica casi de sobresaliente. Al menos, Clement se muestra entusiasmado con su primer año en el Madrid: "Trabajar en un club del tamaño del Real Madrid es espectacular y espero estar aquí muchos años. La experiencia está siendo fantástica y, pase lo que pase, el balance es positivo".

basque seagull

Oct 21, 2012
My English translation:

Carlo Ancelotti talks very little with the players as it is something the Italian dislikes: "It is better to speak little and clearly, otherwise the players get bored." Paul Clement, who does the day to day talking, has been the right hand man of the Italian ever since they started working together at Chelsea .

The Englishman, who has just recently began to speak Spanish , is in charge of leading the talks with the players when they have to talk about tactics and opposing teams as well as giving the orders in training. Never without his tablet, Clement is constantly going over strategy and tactics with all the players before games.

Ancelotti motivates , picks the team and sets the line of play . Zizou does the one-to-one individual therapy. And it is Paul who, one by one, gives the specific orders to the players. Marking, positioning in the set pieces, kick takers ...

In the buildup to the Champions League final , you have to be more careful than ever. "We always give three technical talks to players before a game and we will do so in the final. One on Friday (today) and two on Saturday, one in the morning about at lunchtime, and another in the afternoon before the game. Here we look at everything, put videos of the match, of our players ... " says Carlo’s assistant.

Clement believes that in games like this, concentration can decide the title, so you have to take care of all the details. But he makes no secret that motivation is just as important as tactics. And that, although it may seem otherwise , Ancelotti is a teacher." He knows how to motivate players . He has played football, has extensive experience in finals and in big games and knows how to talk to players ...He's been in seven finals! He handles pressure very well".

Besides the tactical talk , players on Saturday will watch a motivational video prepared by the coaching staff." We have done this several times this season. It 'll be nice, a special video , but I won’t tell you what the background music is " he says.

The Tenth would be the icing on the cake for a season that for the coaching staff has been almost outstanding. Clement is enthusiastic about his first year in Madrid: " Working in a club the size of Real Madrid is spectacular and I hope to be here many years, the experience has been fantastic and , whatever happens , the balance is positive ."

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The key phrase: " Working in a club the size of Real Madrid is spectacular and I hope to be here many years, the experience has been fantastic and, whatever happens, the balance is positive ."

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The key phrase: " Working in a club the size of Real Madrid is spectacular and I hope to be here many years, the experience has been fantastic and, whatever happens, the balance is positive ."

sounds similar to what Poyet said about us

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Hmm, seems pretty dedicated for a person who was meant to be flouncing around Brighton this week discussing our opening. A bit unfortunate for the people who put bets on yesterday :laugh:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
This says it all for me:

Clement believes that in games like this, concentration can decide the title, so you have to take care of all the details. But he makes no secret that motivation is just as important as tactics. And that, although it may seem otherwise , Ancelotti is a teacher." He knows how to motivate players . He has played football, has extensive experience in finals and in big games and knows how to talk to players ...He's been in seven finals! He handles pressure very well".

His own words, put more succinctly than I ever could. A great coach and right hand man doubtless, but his assistant would need to have been a top player for Mr Clement to 'work' as a number 1.

Kosh

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
My English translation:

Carlo Ancelotti talks very little with the players as it is something the Italian dislikes: "It is better to speak little and clearly, otherwise the players get bored." Paul Clement, who does the day to day talking, has been the right hand man of the Italian ever since they started working together at Chelsea .

The Englishman, who has just recently began to speak Spanish , is in charge of leading the talks with the players when they have to talk about tactics and opposing teams as well as giving the orders in training. Never without his tablet, Clement is constantly going over strategy and tactics with all the players before games.

Ancelotti motivates , picks the team and sets the line of play . Zizou does the one-to-one individual therapy. And it is Paul who, one by one, gives the specific orders to the players. Marking, positioning in the set pieces, kick takers ...

In the buildup to the Champions League final , you have to be more careful than ever. "We always give three technical talks to players before a game and we will do so in the final. One on Friday (today) and two on Saturday, one in the morning about at lunchtime, and another in the afternoon before the game. Here we look at everything, put videos of the match, of our players ... " says Carlo’s assistant.

Besides the tactical talk , players on Saturday will watch a motivational video prepared by the coaching staff." We have done this several times this season. It 'll be nice, a special video , but I won’t tell you what the background music is " he says.

The Tenth would be the icing on the cake for a season that for the coaching staff has been almost outstanding. Clement is enthusiastic about his first year in Madrid: " Working in a club the size of Real Madrid is spectacular and I hope to be here many years, the experience has been fantastic and , whatever happens , the balance is positive ."

Hopefully those reading this will see the advantage in almost all areas that he has over Sherwood.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
My English translation:

Clipboard kid with a sugar daddy?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Yep - in almost all areas except being a player of any note!!! that's not important though, because we're going to be very well orangised in our set plays. Get in there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The last paragraph, if really true, would seem to rule him out.
Madrid are rocked on the eve of their biggest game of the season, as head coach Paul Clement unnecessarily announced that he'd had positive dialog with the owner of English second division side, Brighton and Hove Albion.
Clement, highly regarded, thoughtful, Real coach surprised everybody in the room by pointing out he'd be leaving Madrid in just 24 hours time.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Madrid are rocked on the eve of their biggest game of the season, as head coach Paul Clement unnecessarily announced that he'd had positive dialog with the owner of English second division side, Brighton and Hove Albion.
Clement, highly regarded, thoughtful, Real coach surprised everybody in the room by pointing out he'd be leaving Madrid in just 24 hours time.

Where did this quote come from?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Where did this quote come from?
Me just now.

Pointing out just how completely ridiculous anything other than what Clement said, would be.

He may well want to stay at Madrid for 10 years.
He might have decided to move on.

Either way the truth isn't going to come out the day before the final.

Nothing to see here.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I'm now firmly in the Sherwood camp - it it's indeed down to the two of them?!?! Clement is a coach, he does waht he's told to do and he's good at it. He's not ready to manage my club, which I'm proud of by the way, and actually would like to compete well next season.

Last edited:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Me just now.

Pointing out just how completely ridiculous anything other than what Clement said, would be.

He may well want to stay at Madrid for 10 years.
He might have decided to move on.

Either way the truth isn't going to come out the day before the final.

Nothing to see here.

I see.. I would suspect that Clement has been with the team all week, training and travelling to Lisbon but he may have asked for a day off to go to a meeting in Brighton a couple of days before his clubs (and his) biggest game of the season! :):thumbsup:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
If they lose the CL final, him and Ancelotti will probably be out on their arse. Maybe we'll get them both.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm now firmly in the Sherwood camp - it it's indeed down to the two of them?!?! Clement is a coach, he does waht he's told to do and he's good at it. He's not ready to manage my club, which I'm proud of by the way, and actually would like to compete well next season.
With our club set up isn't a coach EXACTLY what Tony is after?

Do you expect Burke to fit seemlessly into Sherwood's plans?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
With our club set up isn't a coach EXACTLY what Tony is after? That's my fear, indeed I fear it will come to pass. Would I like him at the club, yes... but as manager no, no, no.

To be fair Sherwood could easily be a disaster, but it seems people are ruling out everyone else... If it's one of the two, I say toss a coin Tony and say your prayers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here