Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much World Cup viewing are you planning?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Are you one of these who only watches the England games, or the ones involving the big footballing nations like Brazil, or will you be GLUED to as much football as you can get your hands on?

Notwithstanding the fact that, in the final round of group games, both matches are played simultaneously, is anybody going for a World Cup Full House? :)

There are some epic days of football viewing lined up (all times are BST). Saturday 13th into the Sunday morning looks like a big day :thumbsup:

Thursday 12th June

Brazil v Croatia 9pm

Friday 13th June
Mexico v Cameroon 5pm
Spain v Holland 8pm
Chile v Australia 11pm

Saturday 14th June

Colombia v Greece 5pm
Uruguay v Costa Rica 8pm
England v Italy 11pm

Sunday 15th June

Ivory Coast v Japan 2am (this should probably be tagged on to your Saturday night, post-England viewing for continuity purposes :drink:)
Switzerland v Ecuador 5pm
France v Honduras 8pm
Argentina v Bosnia 11pm

Monday 16th June

Germany v Portugal 5pm
Iran v Nigeria 8pm
Ghana v USA 11pm

Tuesday 17th June

Belgium v Algeria 5pm
Brazil v Mexico 8pm
Russia v South Korea 11pm

Wednesday 18th June
Australia v Holland 5pm
Spain v Chile 8pm
Cameroon v Croatia 11pm

Thursday 19th June

Colombia v Ivory Coast 5pm
Uruguay v England 8pm
Japan v Greece 11pm

Friday 20th June

Italy v Costa Rica 5pm
Switzerland v France 8pm
Honduras v Ecuador 11pm

Saturday 21st June

Argentina v Iran 5pm
Germany v Ghana 8pm
Nigeria v Bosnia 11pm

Sunday 22nd June
Belgium v Russia 5pm
South Korea v Algeria 8pm
USA v Portugal 11pm

Monday 23rd June

Australia v Spain & Holland v Chile (5pm)
Cameroon v Brazil & Croatia v Mexico (9pm)

Tuesday 24th June

Italy v Uruguay & Costa Rica v England (5pm)
Japan v Colombia & Greece v Ivory Coast (9pm)

Wednesday 25th June

Nigeria v Argentina & Bosnia v Iran (5pm)
Honduras v Switzerland & Ecuador v France (9pm)

Thursday 26th June

USA v Germany & Portugal v Ghana (5pm)
South Korea v Belgium & Algeria v Russia (9pm)

Then a horrible, football-free day on the Friday, until the second round games start :ohmy:

Round of 16: 2 games per day on the 28th, 29th, 30th of June and the 1st July.

Quarter finals on the 4th and 5th July

Semi finals on the 8th and 9th, and the final on the 13th.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The World Cup is the one time when I'll happily watch ANY match, so assuming I'm near a TV I shall be tuning in to as many matches as possible. Realistically though, during the week I'm only likely to be watching the 8pm kick-offs and bits of the other 2 matches.

Are the BBC matches going to be on iPlayer? It will be good to download them and watch them on the train home :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I'd have thought the kick off times are more work-friendly (for most people) than a lot of World Cups have been, given that the earliest are at 5pm.

Can't quite work out why there's one lone game with a 2am kick off.

I'm working on the evenings of all three of England's group games I think. So, all of England's World Cup games then :jester:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I will probably watch all of the England matches, plus the final. I doubt I'll watch more than that.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
All of them if possible (although getting home from work will see me listening to the first half of 5pm games on the radio)

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I'll probably be watching a lot of games. This World Cup will not be good for my exams.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Of those (non England) group games, Germany v Portugal looks like a standout one.

That said, if it's on TV and I'm at home, I'll happily sit through Ecuador v Honduras or Iran v Bosnia when it's the World Cup :)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
England games I make a point of watching, usually in the pub with mates. Other games in our group I might watch at home if there's nothing else on. The rest? Me-h.

Oh, and once England get knocked out, I lose interest completely and rarely watch any more of it.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I'd have thought the kick off times are more work-friendly (for most people) than a lot of World Cups have been, given that the earliest are at 5pm.

Can't quite work out why there's one lone game with a 2am kick off.

I'm working on the evenings of all three of England's group games I think. So, all of England's World Cup games then :jester:

Japans first game of the tournament means they get to watch at a decent hour and prime time TV in Japan

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Given the option, as much as physically possible. Happily, my first is due on the 25th June so, if he's even vaguely on time, I'll be off for a few weeks of it...whether I'll actually want to watch the games or just sleep instead is obviously yet to be seen!

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Opening weekend I am off work and I will see all of those matches. After that it just depends on when im not at work but I estimate ill watch half of them

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Love the WC and watch as much of it as I can but being in Japan, this tournament's KOs are pretty bad.

Always watch England's games obviously. Then, being half Spanish, make sure I see all of them. I'm a bit of a Japan fan too but don't think I can quite manage making sure I see all three team's games.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I will watch as many as I possibly can. I work late on Mondays and Tuesdays but will be taking the ipad to work and have a gander when I'm not too busy.

I really do love being able to come home, flick on the tv and know that football will be on.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here