Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom needs to pull his finger out now

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Hello All,

I'd just like to say i think Tony Bloom and Barber need to pull their finger out now and sort out who they want as new manager and get them in place, and start signing new players and get them in place ready for the pre season. Just cant help thinking now that Upson has gone plus the players that have been released, aprt from signing Nzuzi, we could get left behind in the transfer market, certain players are available or their agents looking for moves, if its left too late until after the world cup etc, most of these players will be signed up, leaving the Berk chasing after whats left or season loan deals

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hello All,

I'd just like to say i think Tony Bloom and Barber need to pull their finger out now and sort out who they want as new manager and get them in place, and start signing new players and get them in place ready for the pre season. Just cant help thinking now that Upson has gone plus the players that have been released, aprt from signing Nzuzi, we could get left behind in the transfer market, certain players are available or their agents looking for moves, if its left too late until after the world cup etc, most of these players will be signed up, leaving the Berk chasing after whats left or season loan deals

Excellent post. Tony Bloom was no doubt sat there scratching his head, thinking "I'm sure there was something else, that I meant to add to my to-do list".

Thank CHRIST you've brought this up now, before its too late. Maybe re-post it on Ask the Club?

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Whats with all the panic today? Have people turned over too many pages on their calander and think its July?

Pre-season doesnt even start until mid-end of June and once appointed, the new manager will start straight away, so there is no need for Bloom to make any decsion for a least a few weeks yet. Obviously the sooner the better but lets all just calm the F down....

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Hello All,

Unbelievable

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Christ yes, you're right! I'm running up to the AMEX now with this thread in my hand screaming. To get proper attention I am naked, but for the fireman's helmet I am wearing. Someone has just screamed.

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
i personally think Tony bloom needs to rethink the employment of Barber and Burke, 2 seasons now back at this level and clearly the management of these two clearly arent up to it, get rid and get in the Chuckle Brothers, i reckon they wud do a better job !!!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
i personally think Tony bloom needs to rethink the employment of Barber and Burke, 2 seasons now back at this level and clearly the management of these two clearly arent up to it, get rid and get in the Chuckle Brothers, i reckon they wud do a better job !!!

Shouldn't you be at School?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Hello All,

Don't be such an arse-head.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Hello All,

No point in telling us.

I'd write to David Burke, Paul Barber et al and tell them exactly what they need to do. While you're at it, let them know how they should do it as well. I'm kind of grateful that the Albion fanbase has this deep level of skill sets within its ranks.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Hypothetical question for you:

Say there's a bloke who you really want. I mean REALLY want and he's absolutely top drawer but he's currently indisposed because he's got a big game to focus on and then he wants a few days to relax with the family. He's agreed to meet you in a few weeks and seems genuinely interested in the job. Remember, this bloke is the business. Opportunities to talk to someone like him don't come along very often. This could transform the club.

Do you:
a) take the risk that of waiting a week or two and really go for this bloke?
b) decide you can't wait so go for someone of a much lower calibre and reputation who's available now?

I'm not saying you're wrong. Just that there might be legitimate reasons why Bloom is stalling.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hello All,

You really have nailed it there, great stuff. I only wish we had someone like you in charge of the Albion, not that uncaring, disinterested, absentee, lazy, tight-fisted SLACKER Tony Bloom, then we wouldn't be in such a crap position. It's an outrage to think we find ourselves, on the 23rd of May, drifting, aimlessly, without a full squad, ready and raring to go for August. To cap it all, I've just heard that the club have allowed some of the players to go on holiday. HOLIDAY? FFS, I don't pay upwards of five hundred pounds a season to watch our players pissing it up in Las Vegas and Dubai! What is going on?? Why aren't they TRAINING?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

What does "wud" mean?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

you cannot say things like that
heretic
burn him

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Er…

Hello TaxiRichieUK,

I'd just like to say that you're a chump, and quite possibly a Crystal Palace fan. Maybe you meant to say two seasons of making the play-offs in one of the most competitive leagues in the world? Not bad for a club that is clearly hindered by a duo more inept than the Chuckle brothers."

You know the season's finished and a lot of players/managers/agents are on holiday, right? As you might be next week, too, seeing as it is half term.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here