Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So that makes 8 first team players out and still no Manager

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Getting a bit worried now. Brezovan, PIG, Upson, Hoskins, Lopez, Orlandi, Rodriquez and Ward.

And only one in.

I know we have a long way yet to go, but still pretty concerning.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
If it was the end of July I might actually start to worry.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Pig , Upson , Ward , Lingard

are 4 genuine first teamers who start if fit

the rest I'm not to worried about.

Concerning our quality defence has lost 2 biggest concern but we have time

New manager cant come soon enough

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
we have to get used to the fact we are dithers
we might get there eventually

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Trying to be 'glass half full' on this one. Whilst I do not doubt the contributions of PIG and Upson, neither were perfect, both getting towards the twilight of their careers and most importantly this will free up significant wages for new, fresh blood. If it takes a couple of seasons to rebuild from a depleted squad then so be it.
We have seen what happens when clubs allow their squad to age around them and then need to replace many key players all at once. A new manager with fresh ideas, a new approach, development of the training facility, new and younger players joining us.
What's not to like, exciting times ahead I say?

Even if not immediately, the future looks pretty good. Well run club, great crowds, realistic ambitions.

:albion2:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It was something like 28 June before Oscar was appointed and this time last season we had major legal issues etc - we did alright though didn't we

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Trying to be 'glass half full' on this one. Whilst I do not doubt the contributions of PIG and Upson, neither were perfect, both getting towards the twilight of their careers and most importantly this will free up significant wages for new, fresh blood. If it takes a couple of seasons to rebuild from a depleted squad then so be it.
We have seen what happens when clubs allow their squad to age around them and then need to replace many key players all at once. A new manager with fresh ideas, a new approach, development of the training facility, new and younger players joining us.
What's not to like, exciting times ahead I say?

Even if not immediately, the future looks pretty good. Well run club, great crowds, realistic ambitions.

:albion2:
A voice of calm sense...Don't panic...they don't like it up 'em.

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
bloom wont be rushed into appointing the new manager, so when it does actually happen in mid july, all the decent will be signed up by new clubs, and burke will end up signing the crap nobody else wants, or chancing it again on season long loan deals

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If it was the end of July I might actually start to worry.
Why not now?.... dont you recall that the instability and general crapness last close season gave us a real disadvantage when trying to recruit and organise later in the summer? I think it will be another season of playing catchup if we dont get moving with a manager and player recruitment soon.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I'd be more concerned if the club made a rush decision on a manager. We don't want to be in this position again next year ... by taking their time TB and PB stand a better chance of getting a candidate that will be a good fit for the club, not just for the coming season but beyond that. This is a really important appointment. And bear in mind the club can't necessarily dictate how quickly the deal is done, depending on the current circumstances of the candidates it's pursuing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here