Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comedy Steve at the Comedy Store

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Last Saturday night the wife and I went to the Comedy Store, Leicester Square.

Saw Stephen Grant was on the bill but penny didn't drop that he was our very own Comedy Steve until he mentioned he was from Brighton (to which my lager induced state forced the obligatory bellowing of Seagulls which was positively acknowledged!).

He opened the evening's entertainment and was top drawer. Even the wife, who doesn't know one end of the Albion from the other, thought he was the pick of the night. And that included comedians with plenty of TV exposure.

If you get the chance to see his stand up, would definitely recommend it. The boy is razor sharp.

Keep up the great work Steve.

Jan 21, 2012
I've seen him a couple of times at Brighton comedy nights and he really is excellent. Had a chat with him one night after one of his gigs and he's a genuinely nice bloke too.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes, seen him at The Komedia several times, Makes an excellent compere and very funny in his own right. However, if ever at The Komedia, don't take front row seating,make eye contact or wear loud or unusual clothes !

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Yes, seen him at The Komedia several times, Makes an excellent compere and very funny in his own right. However, if ever at The Komedia, don't take front row seating,make eye contact or wear loud or unusual clothes !

Which you did?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Which you did?

Nope, I am well aware of the implications of the front row, also, any kind of heckling or smart comments are always turned round and returned with interest. Make straight for about a third back from the front and enjoy.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Seems a nice guy. Seen him compering a couple of things. I didn't find him that funny but jovial enough for someone who's linking up the proper acts. A fairly agreeable bloke to host an evening.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

It is particularly enjoyable when he picks out a stern-faced older person in the front row who clearly doesn't want to be there. I've been there on a couple of occasions when said person fails to turn up again after the interval.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
He destroyed an American girl at the Comedy Store, as well as a couple of loud/obnoxious stags.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Stephen Grant is hilarious, love his compere stints at Komedia - don't even think about heckling, my word he's quick!

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Bumped into him whilst watching the USA beat Portugal on one of Hollingbury Asda's numerous tv's in 2002. Had a brief chat. Nice bloke. Very good at what he does. Didn't he do the Radio Sussex Albion post-match phone in a few years back?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Tipped to replace our very own Richie Reynolds as Compere at the Amex next season. Watch this space.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Seems a nice guy. Seen him compering a couple of things. I didn't find him that funny but jovial enough for someone who's linking up the proper acts. A fairly agreeable bloke to host an evening.

Harsh... Seemed very much like a "proper" act whenever I've seen him.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
He's done a few official Albion podcasts - would be good if they became a more regular thing

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
He's done a few official Albion podcasts - would be good if they became a more regular thing

Just about to post that he did a decent podcast a few years ago. Not seen (or specifically heard) any of them recently

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Blimey this is unexpected and pleasant. Very un-NSC. I only logged on to ask when the fixtures are out.

(I'm not replacing Richie Reynolds unless someone knows something they haven't told me about btw)

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Was very good on 'Seven Day Sunday' last week as well - although it must've been hard to be sat with Mark 'Palace' Steel for an hour and not shake your fist in a 3 Stooges 'Why I oughta . . . !' fashion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here