Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Give Lewis Dunk his chance or bring someone in?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Think he's a good young defender only concern is some of his decisions in high pressure matches; maybe that can only come with experience!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
we have a Latvian under 21 .........Maximenko maybe he should get a chance as well

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We have Rohan too, he is a defender turned midfielder no?

Dunk should get a run imo, I'm a fan of his

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Dubk should get regular first team football next season but we also need cover, or maybe Macksimenko can step up?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I would start Dunk next season and bring someone in. Greer on the bench.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Need a solid LB and GK, then give Dunk a chance. I'm confident he will become a great player, and good enough next season to sustain our top-six finish.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We really need 4 central defenders, and never replaced ElAbd.

So, yes a chance for Dunk, but 2 more needed unless the 4th choice can be soneone who steps up from the DS.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Think he's a good young defender only concern is some of his decisions in high pressure matches; maybe that can only come with experience!

will def need someone to replace him , look what happened to us recently with lack of cover. Should have kept El Abd!

Stumpy Tim

We have Rohan too, he is a defender turned midfielder no?

Dunk should get a run imo, I'm a fan of his

Wouldn't want to limit Ince's progress by putting him back into defence. We need another centre half, so Upson leaving changes nothing in that respect. The choice is whether we use Maxi as 3rd/4th choice, or get two defenders in

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Another vote for both, even if it is to treat Dunk as first choice but have decent cover.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Rohan Ince was horrible as a defender so only in emergancy please!

Maxi is fine as 4th choice (we used to have 6 good CB) but we need to sign one more very good one to mix with Greer and Dunk...... hopefully best of the bunch

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Dunk has to be played. He's earnt the opportunity by playing well when he's gotten the chance and kept working hard while waiting for the chance.

There's no point in us bringing through young players if every opportunity that opens up for them is given to another player we bring in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here