Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Squad Numbers

Stumpy Tim

If the squad numbers are to be believed, this is how England will line up:

1. Joe Hart, 2. Glen Johnson, 3. Leighton Baines, 4. Steven Gerrard, 5. Gary Cahill, 6. Phil Jagielka, 7. Jack Wilshere, 8. Frank Lampard, 9. Daniel Sturridge, 10. Wayne Rooney, 11. Daniel Welbeck,

Thoughts?

Albion Rob

If the squad numbers are to be believed, this is how England will line up:

1. Joe Hart, 2. Glen Johnson, 3. Leighton Baines, 4. Steven Gerrard, 5. Gary Cahill, 6. Phil Jagielka, 7. Jack Wilshere, 8. Frank Lampard, 9. Daniel Sturridge, 10. Wayne Rooney, 11. Daniel Welbeck,

Thoughts?

Considering we're not going to win the thing I'd be up for seeing Hodgson send those guys out against Italy. It would be quite a novelty to see a side line up with 1-11 in this day and age. It would be a bit narrow if you had Rooney behind Welbeck and Sturridge as a front two is my only real criticism.

Stumpy Tim

Considering we're not going to win the thing I'd be up for seeing Hodgson send those guys out against Italy. It would be quite a novelty to see a side line up with 1-11 in this day and age. It would be a bit narrow if you had Rooney behind Welbeck and Sturridge as a front two is my only real criticism.

We're not going to win it, so I don't see why Lampard should start. Gerrard seems to be the only realistic choice as holding midfield, but I would have Lallana or Barkley ahead of Frank

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Surely, his role now is to replace Gerrard for the last 20 mins when his legs have gone.

I'd like to think he's being taken for his penalty taking. If we get through our group and into extra time expect to see him warming up. He'd be a good first penalty taker to get the ball rolling.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Sterling and Henderson to start instead of Lampard and Welbeck from the 1-11 squad numbers

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
I would'nt read too much into the squad numbers given to the England players.
A few players are following club superstitions and playing with their club numbers.

Jordan Henderson squad number at Liverpool: 14
Alex Oxlade Chamberlain squad number at Arsenal: 15
Adam Lallana squad number at Southampton: 20
Luke Shaw squad number at Southampton: 23

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I wouldn't worry. Never in the history of England tournament squad numbers have 1-11 ever lined up for the first game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here