Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Paul Clement be a success at Brighton?

Will he be a success?

• Yes

Votes: 59 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Yes and No

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Don't know.

Votes: 34 28.3%
  • Who?

Votes: 10 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Tactical genius at Chelsea and Madrid under Ancelotti!!!

Let's see what happens after the after the champions league final!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Don't know, although he does leave me underwhelmed. Probably because I know sod all about him, but I have this gut feeling that if we seriously want to get out of this division into the Premiership, we need someone in charge that has been in the English game for a few years and knows it inside out.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Don't know, although he does leave me underwhelmed. Probably because I know sod all about him, but I have this gut feeling that if we seriously want to get out of this division into the Premiership, we need someone in charge that has been in the English game for a few years and knows it inside out.

Perhaps you should look up his coaching career in England. He's actually got more experience as a coach over here than Sherwood does. The only reason to prefer the latter is that he's more of a footballing "celeb", which isn't a good reason (in my opinion, of course).

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Well I'm impressed. But what do I know, I was impressed with Poyet and Oscar.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I would have a sinking feeling about this one I'm afraid. The guy's probably an excellent coach, but when he turns up for day 1 with his clipboard and whistle combo I can imagine Ulloa et al. saying, so ok so when does the manager get here?!? The big one for me is that he was involved and worked with, lest we forget, Steve Keen at Blackburn and rather knee jerkingly that for me is all the evidence I need that this guy is no tactical genius.

He is however the perfect fit for the club at this moment in time, by that I mean the management structure and new training set up etc. That does not and will not (I fear) translate into results on the pitch.

If you go with this guy it's an 24th-12th finish for me, the (probably more expensive) Chris Hughton 12th-2nd. You pay's your money, you takes yer chances I guess.

I wish him luck, if indeed he's the one. I will venture, however, that the first set of anything less than 3-0 wins will have the P.E. teacher out brigade, errrm out in force.

Kosh

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I would have a sinking feeling about this one I'm afraid. The guy's probably an excellent coach, but when he turns up for day 1 with his clipboard and whistle combo I can imagine Ulloa et al. saying, so ok so when does the manager get here?!?

Given that he has been coaching some of the biggest players in the world at Chelsea, PSG and Real Madrid, I'd imagine he won't have this problem.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
His CV reads like an English AVB without the season in charge of Porto. Not convinced he'll have the respect of the players. However you MUST learn loads working at Real with the likes of Ancelotti and Zidane mustn't you?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
coaching yes, managing no. There's a big difference between going yes boss and putting the cones out, and deciding where the cones are to go... He's not a manager, he's a coach.

Jeff Wood springs to mind.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
this is just getting ridiculous

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
His CV reads like an English AVB without the season in charge of Porto. Not convinced he'll have the respect of the players. However you MUST learn loads working at Real with the likes of Ancelotti and Zidane mustn't you?

I'm sure you're normally sensible. If there are players in our squad who wouldn't respect a very highly-rated coach, who's worked at Real Madrid, Chelsea and PSG and three other PL clubs , who's worked with Gus Hiddink and seems a favourite of Ancellotti (one of the best coaches in the world), i'm not sure I want them in our team

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm sure you're normally sensible. If there are players in our squad who wouldn't respect a very highly-rated coach, who's worked at Real Madrid, Chelsea and PSG and three other PL clubs , who's worked with Gus Hiddink and seems a favourite of Ancellotti (one of the best coaches in the world), i'm not sure I want them in our team

That's a fair point and obviously there's a decent coaching record there but he didn't play at the same level as any of our team. I'm sure AVBs players used to throw that back in his face when things went wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here