Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So why ????

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
So why are the club signing players already without a new manager ????

Seems to me that the new manager will have to have whats given to him, not what he actually wants to build his own team AGAIN !!
JUST AN OBSERVATION :D

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
Toko Nzuzi Toko was already a target before end of season, according to TB

They would say that, but still no manager though doesnt seem the right thing to do really.
But I hope Toko turns out to be a good player for us

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Have I missed something, or are we only on one player moving in? It's hardly like the squad's been packed out and the whole budget spent.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
If you read the piece on the OS, you may understand.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Seems to me that the new manager will have to have whats given to him, not what he actually wants to build his own team AGAIN !!

Erm...he was signed before the end of the season, when we had a manager.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Still need 7 signings + 0-4 more depending on how many of those offered contract extensions actually sign.

So the new manager has a lot of recruitment still to do.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011

I asked that and got an infraction.

Feb 14, 2010
Whether the club signed him under OG or without a manager, the bottom line is the same. We have a new player who has been signed without the manager who will need to decide whether he wants him or not. Its the manager who will fail or succeed and so it should be his team. Long term projects are / should be revenue, ground capacity, extending the Albion brand even further to make this club bigger and better. The team on the pitch is there to win football matches and is always relatively "short term". The manager picks the side and sets the tactics, it should also be him who sticks his neck on the line with players we sign so that there is direct accountability for the team. Give him help sure but the bloke who picks the team should surely be spending the playing budget otherwise there is nobody accountable for the side on the pitch. Otherwise the manager will blame the bloke that bought the players and the bloke that buys the players will blame the manager when it goes wrong and when it goes right, they will both take the credit.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I asked that and got an infraction.

Good as it doesn't concern you. You have a habit of poking your nose in, in non Palace threads. You know the rules so stick to them..

DavePage

Whether the club signed him under OG or without a manager, the bottom line is the same. We have a new player who has been signed without the manager who will need to decide whether he wants him or not. Its the manager who will fail or succeed and so it should be his team. Long term projects are / should be revenue, ground capacity, extending the Albion brand even further to make this club bigger and better. The team on the pitch is there to win football matches and is always relatively "short term". The manager picks the side and sets the tactics, it should also be him who sticks his neck on the line with players we sign so that there is direct accountability for the team. Give him help sure but the bloke who picks the team should surely be spending the playing budget otherwise there is nobody accountable for the side on the pitch. Otherwise the manager will blame the bloke that bought the players and the bloke that buys the players will blame the manager when it goes wrong and when it goes right, they will both take the credit.
So if this guy turns out to be an absolute star, whoever the manager is. Would you rather we missed the opportunity to purchase………for nothing?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Did you miss this season, it's not been a secret that OG was not involved in signings at any point

Assuming you're being ironic as OG, TB & DB all said tontine contrary, on more than one occasion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here