Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Truth about UKIP that the Media Doesn't Show You

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Very interesting how it is from Breitbart, who are known to be very right wing. you'd kinda expect them to defend UKIP!

Oh, wait.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Breitbart is not a place to find the truth, total propaganda 100%,

Isn't saying Breitbart is not a place to find the truth, 100% propaganda? Anything anyone says, to persuade anyone else of anything, is propaganda.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It's a fact. Breibart, like Fox News, are made by and made for the extreme Right Wing. They do not hide the fact and saying anything on there is the truth and unbiased is incorrect.

Which part of the film was not true?

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Which part of the film was not true?

That's not really how it works is it. You cannot take a single 4 minute video or a particular article and call it the truth, you have to look at the larger picture.
I wonder did Breibart put up videos of Godfrey Bloom and call them the real truth? That would be the balanced and truthful thing to do, give them both equal coverage and let the readers/viewers choose, no?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
That's not really how it works is it. You cannot take a single 4 minute video or a particular article and call it the truth, you have to look at the larger picture.
I wonder did Breibart put up videos of Godfrey Bloom and call them the real truth? That would be the balanced and truthful thing to do, give them both equal coverage and let the readers/viewers choose, no?

So, for balance they should have included Godfrey Bloom saying a few silly things? A man who was asked to leave the party for saying too many silly things? I look forward to seeing Jeffrey Archer clips included in every positive Conservative story, Nazir Ahmed being anti semetic whenever there is a positive Labour story and Cyril Smith, Jeremy Thorpe and Lord Rennard trotted out whenever the Liberals have something positive to say.
This short film, in my opinion, IS offering some balance, to all the racist accusations that have been levelled at the party, we hardly need to look far for an opposing view to this film, just scan half the threads on here.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Makes a change.

At the very most you could claim that this video represented 'the truth about UKIP's critics' as that is what the focus is on (in reality it is a very biased take on even that).

For it to provide the truth about UKIP it would need to go into great depth abut the party's members and their ideology.

The video fails on most levels but would appeal to UKIP supporters by showing the people that disagree with them in a bad light. Something many UKIP supporters have been criticizing others for on NSC in the last week or so. So it appears we can add hypocrisy to the list of this videos failings.

Still gotta hate those left wing crusties eh? If they don't like you, you must be right!

This looks to me like UKIP joining the rest in race to the bottom politics even though that is what they claim to despise.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
So, for balance they should have included Godfrey Bloom saying a few silly things? A man who was asked to leave the party for saying too many silly things? I look forward to seeing Jeffrey Archer clips included in every positive Conservative story, Nazir Ahmed being anti semetic whenever there is a positive Labour story and Cyril Smith, Jeremy Thorpe and Lord Rennard trotted out whenever the Liberals have something positive to say.
This short film, in my opinion, IS offering some balance, to all the racist accusations that have been levelled at the party, we hardly need to look far for an opposing view to this film, just scan half the threads on here.

You don't feel that film was slightly 'hard' on the protesters across the road, making a point of the numbers and 'associated groups', while calling those queuing for the event 'businessmen and 'elderly' individuals, did they check who these people were associated with? The fact these 2 men were featured as speakers none of the others who spoke? It was clearly saying one side is bad one side is good, that's not balanced reporting is it?
How do you feel about Farage's answer when he was asked what is the difference between Germans and Romanians an replied to the interviewer, 'you know the difference'!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You don't feel that film was slightly 'hard' on the protesters across the road, making a point of the numbers and 'associated groups', while calling those queuing for the event 'businessmen and 'elderly' individuals, did they check who these people were associated with? The fact these 2 men were featured as speakers none of the others who spoke? It was clearly saying one side is bad one side is good, that's not balanced reporting is it?
How do you feel about Farage's answer when he was asked what is the difference between Germans and Romanians an replied to the interviewer, 'you know the difference'!

What it was clearly saying is that UKIP are not a party of, or for, racists, and that in fact some of those that were protesting them were the ones guilty of bigotry.

I am fine with Farage's statement, I know the difference, and the difference is there is a massive disparity in skills and earnings between Romanian citizens and German citizens. Low employment levels and low paid employment are motivators for migration.
We differentiate on visa conditions between different non EU countries, but no one is calling that situation a racist one, or saying our government is racist for making it easier for Australians to come and visit or work here for a while than it is for Nigerians.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
What it was clearly saying is that UKIP are not a party of, or for, racists, and that in fact some of those that were protesting them were the ones guilty of bigotry.

I am fine with Farage's statement, I know the difference, and the difference is there is a massive disparity in skills and earnings between Romanian citizens and German citizens. Low employment levels and low paid employment are motivators for migration.
We differentiate on visa conditions between different non EU countries, but no one is calling that situation a racist one, or saying our government is racist for making it easier for Australians to come and visit or work here for a while than it is for Nigerians.

Oh dear,

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill

Now what is it called when you dismiss a whole race of people?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You see, Martin with a y, I see what I want to see, and you see what you want to see, you see?
You take a view with your prejudices and I take a view without them, and I don't see racism in the comment. Because you have been told they are racists, and two or three members in the past have been shown to be racists, you see racism in the comment.
The fact is Germany is not Romania, but maybe one day it will be, along with everywhere else in Europe, a homogenised Europe, where there is no difference in culture from one place to the next, where all the Bananas are straight and all the Politicians are bent.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Now what is it called when you dismiss a whole race of people?
If I had said obesity in UK citizens was worse than in French Citizens, would you really think I meant all people in the UK are fatter than all the people in France? Or would you have your Racism Radar turned off, and your common sense turned on for that comment and be able to see it for what it is, a statement about a nation in general, in comparison to another.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
If I had said obesity in UK citizens was worse than in French Citizens, would you really think I meant all people in the UK are fatter than all the people in France? Or would you have your Racism Radar turned off, and your common sense turned on for that comment and be able to see it for what it is, a statement about a nation in general, in comparison to another.

I am going to sleep now but please don't let that stop you digging

D

Deleted member 22389

If our politicians love the EU so much, why don't they adopt the Euro as our main currency?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here