Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your chav meal of choice?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Excuse the irreverent thread, I am exceedingly bored, laid up with something of a hangover. In my weakened state I have opted for an easy, comforting chav meal of Chicken in some kind of breadcrumb coating, chips and baked beans all purchased from Tesco Express. Not my idea of a meal at all but sometimes...

What is your quick and easy, chav meal of choice? Do you prefer a plastic bag of brown shapes from Iceland or more of a Findus crispy pancake sort of chap/lady?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Findus Crispy pancakes (especially the ham and cheese ones) aren't as hideous as I thought.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Im a fiend for the 99p Somosa's you get in News Agents. I guess that is more of a snack.

Hungover days though, I do quite often dig out waffles, grill cheese on top then cover them with baked beans.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I have been known just to cook a whole bag of chicken nuggets and eat them with ketchup, I am also a tad hungover today and having to get through meetings at work. Needless to say I will be purchasing chicken nuggets on the way home!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm not sure if these count but I have two.

If I'm not feeling too lazy to heat it up then it's boil in the bag cod in pasley sauce with tinned carrots, tinned potatoes and tinned sweetcorn ( which must be Green Giant ).

If I'm being really lazy then the lamb roast dinner tray from Sainsburys.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
It's not really chav, but I've just made myself some "posh" pigs in blankets - Posh because all the ingredients came from M&S. Going down a treat today :)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Two Scotch Eggs (eaten from plastic packet) with dollop of ketchup on a plate for dippage.

Nice, the scotch egg is what I imagine a Kris Kristofferson, truck driving, honky tonk, character would have eaten back in his Convoy pomp.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm not sure if these count but I have two.

If I'm not feeling too lazy to heat it up then it's boil in the bag cod in pasley sauce with tinned carrots, tinned potatoes and tinned sweetcorn ( which must be Green Giant ).

If I'm being really lazy then the lamb roast dinner tray from Sainsburys.

I actually quite like those cod in parsley things. Tinned carrots though? Not for me.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I actually quite like those cod in parsley things. Tinned carrots though? Not for me.

It's a throw back to my childhood and going to my grandmother's ( RIP ) for roast dinner - she always used tinned carrots. Sadly they were the best part of the dinner generally.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Grill some Spam, chuck it in a sandwhich (white bread obviously), add sauce of choice & maybe some grated cheese & hangover will soon be gone :thumbsup:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's a throw back to my childhood and going to my grandmother's ( RIP ) for roast dinner - she always used tinned carrots. Sadly they were the best part of the dinner generally.

Ahh, Gran's. Love 'em. I always associate those cod in parsley things with Grans living in flats for some reason.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here