Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russell Slade

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
That's fantasic! Been in the lower leagues for a long time and would love to see him get a chance in the Prem...

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'd be pretty surprised if he got the job but I'd be really happy for him if he did.

There are numerous lower league 'nice guy' managers that don't get the chance to manage at a higher level, he's definitely one of them.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
he's too nice, seems like you need to be a bit of a git to manage a prem side :)

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Would show a huge lack of ambition from West Brom if they did choose him, you really do wonder why they sacked Steve Clarke.

Can see West Brom going down next season, literally no strikeforce, letting Long go to Hull seemed mental at the time and has been proven since.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Would show a huge lack of ambition from West Brom if they did choose him, you really do wonder why they sacked Steve Clarke.

Can see West Brom going down next season, literally no strikeforce, letting Long go to Hull seemed mental at the time and has been proven since.

Out of interest, what sort of managerial appointment would show ambition? To take a punt on a capable lower league manager is akin (in my mind) to hiring an unemployed/unsuccessful premier league one. They all have to have made the step up at some point after all.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He is such a nice bloke - really liked talking with him when he was our manager.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Out of interest, what sort of managerial appointment would show ambition? To take a punt on a capable lower league manager is akin (in my mind) to hiring an unemployed/unsuccessful premier league one. They all have to have made the step up at some point after all.

For West Brom, I really think they should be looking to get in someone along the lines of Lambert, Moyes maybe even try and pinch Pulis they need someone who will offer stability after last season, they cant risk putting someone in charge with little to no experiance in the top flight. They need to hang around again next year and should really be pushing for a cup final much like Swansea, Hull and Sunderland have done in recent years.

Bizarre - are they even favourites for the League One play off final?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Would be a massive risk which a lot of their fans wouldnt be happy with. Sure Slade hasnt done that bad with Orient, but they didnt exactly walk the league and he may well be taken down a peg or 2 if they lose to Rotherham.

The other Albion will be in a relegation fight next season, they need an experienced person to steer them clear of it (like a Pulis). A man with no top league experience with a chairman who has sacked 2 managers in 1 season will always end in tears.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
With a name like Slade he should be in charge of Wolves, not West Brom.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
He's a top bloke and an absolute gentleman but it would feel a bit like Mike Bassett when he got the England job if West Brom appointed him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here