Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Think I know who im Voting for now

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wish GREEN were getting the same publicity as UKIP

They are , why do you think they're now ahead of the LibDems in the Euro opinion polls ? The Greens are getting positive publicity in contrast to the smear tactics in the media towards UKIP.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They are , why do you think they're now ahead of the LibDems in the Euro opinion polls ? The Greens are getting positive publicity in contrast to the smear tactics in the media towards UKIP.

Smear? What rubbish. There are a few electable people in UKIP ranks, but they are swelled by vast army of simpletons, and it is those who are being exposed.

Who's fault was that shambles in Croydon yesterday if it wasn't UKIP's?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Isn't it wrong to say the Tories aren't committed to an EU referendum? I thought they promised one if they won a majority.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Isn't it wrong to say the Tories aren't committed to an EU referendum? I thought they promised one if they won a majority.

I guess it's because the Tories have put on the caveat that it will happen if they are re-elected. That suggests that the UKIP and Greens box should also be maybe.

I'd also like to know how they plan to fund buying back the railways and power infrastructure.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
If I do go to vote it will be for the Greens.

edit: Not that it'll do much good in Worthing :(

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
If I do go to vote it will be for the Greens.

edit: Not that it'll do much good in Worthing :(

You realise it's PR for this election ? Every vote counts ( bugger, I'm encouraging someone to go out and vote Green ! ).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I guess it's because the Tories have put on the caveat that it will happen if they are re-elected. That suggests that the UKIP and Greens box should also be maybe.

I'd also like to know how they plan to fund buying back the railways and power infrastructure.

They should adopt the French attitude of renationalisation and just say "pah".

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
My word, such a cross section of views on here-and most well considered. That's why I like NSC so much.

The Greens are looking to get a second MEP for the south east. It will take a swing in the vote, and at the moment it's possible, depending on the turn out of those who sympathise.

The second candidate is Alex Phillips, who I like very much. She is currently a councillor in the Goldsmid ward in Hove. So if she is elected there will be a by-election bun fight locally.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The second candidate is Alex Phillips, who I like very much. She is currently a councillor in the Goldsmid ward in Hove. So if she is elected there will be a by-election bun fight locally.

Isn't she the one that cleared off to Africa instead of carrying out her duties as an elected councillor ? Don't forget though, if the Greens get a bigger enough swing then Cllr Kitcat will also become an MEP thus triggering another by-election.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Isn't she the one that cleared off to Africa instead of carrying out her duties as an elected councillor ? Don't forget though, if the Greens get a bigger enough swing then Cllr Kitcat will also become an MEP thus triggering another by-election.

The Greens will get two MEP's at most. That is all they are targeting.

As regards her being in the Cameron, it was for two months as part of her teaching course. She claimed no allowances during that time. The other parties tried to make capital out of it, as they would. Personally I think it all a bit silly.

I think there are good councillors in all the local parties, and they are much maligned, mostly unfairly.

Last edited:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
The Greens will get two MEP's at most. That is all they are targeting.

As regards her being in the Cameron, it was for two months as part of her teaching course. She claimed no allowances during that time. The other parties tried to make capital out of it, as they would. Personally I think it all a bit silly.

I think there are good councillors in all the local parties, and they are much maligned, mostly unfairly.

Is this another rumour?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003

It's good that she didn't claim allowances while not here but if she represented my ward I would expect her to be available to vote at council meetings and for me to be able to contact her regarding anything I wanted her help with. She couldn't do that while absent.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Pointing out that something is cock is not smear.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here