Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simple NSC EU poll

Do you want the UK in or out of the EU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I know it's been done before, but keep it simple, do you want us IN or OUT of the EU. No ifs or buts, nor sitting on the fence, a definitive poll.

Personally I'm up for a United States of Europe (although under a different name).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
IN. LAST thing we should do is isolate ourselves from the world, with our only true allies being those lunatics to the West...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
...and I don't have any ulterior motive like to show that those wanting us out are just a loud, whinging minority, like I have with other polls; or do I?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Can we agree to keep it civil as well as simple - i.e. no party bashing ? I only ask as otherwise it will turn out like all the other EU threads.

PS - I'm that single "OUT" at the moment.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Wow. I love how the "silent majority" are actually a tiny minority who never shut the **** up.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Wow. I love how the "silent majority" are actually a tiny minority who never shut the **** up.

No, silly me, we can't keep it civil and simple. It only took to post 6 !

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can we agree to keep it civil as well as simple - i.e. no party bashing ? I only ask as otherwise it will turn out like all the other EU threads.

PS - I'm that single "OUT" at the moment.

OK - keeping it civil - your genuine, sincere reasons for wanting us out of the EU?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Who voted OUT??

:nono:

:facepalm:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
OK - keeping it civil - your genuine, sincere reasons for wanting us out of the EU?

High level - we joined a common market and the electorate has never been given a say over the creeping power grab of the EU. We'll have to agree to disagree as to whether centralisation of those powers is good or bad.

Ted Heath admitted in a number of interviews that the plan always was a new super state. The Eurozone was then last big step towards that.

I don't want to belong to such a super state - I'd rather have the interesting differences each of the current members have / had. Some of that is down to silly little things like different currencies and passports and others much more important like control over our own interest rates, control of our own armed forces and control over our own boarders.

The EU is a highly expensive and corrupt organisation that needs serious reform - IMO the EU is neither capable this nor wants to reform.

If the EU had just stayed as a free trade bloc then fine. There was never any need for the steps that have been taken to standardise everything from number plates to currency.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Well obviously there are some merits for both options, but would you not vote if there was a referendum?

Yes, I would vote in a referendum but would rather read up/listen more intently to both sides arguments before coming to a considered decision. As there won't be a referendum until 2017 (possibly not even then!) I'm not ready to cast my vote. :)

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
High level - we joined a common market and the electorate has never been given a say over the creeping power grab of the EU. We'll have to agree to disagree as to whether centralisation of those powers is good or bad.

Ted Heath admitted in a number of interviews that the plan always was a new super state. The Eurozone was then last big step towards that.

I don't want to belong to such a super state - I'd rather have the interesting differences each of the current members have / had. Some of that is down to silly little things like different currencies and passports and others much more important like control over our own interest rates, control of our own armed forces and control over our own boarders.

The EU is a highly expensive and corrupt organisation that needs serious reform - IMO the EU is neither capable this nor wants to reform.

If the EU had just stayed as a free trade bloc then fine. There was never any need for the steps that have been taken to standardise everything from number plates to currency.

Totally agree , when we joined the EU I was all for it because I thought it would lesser our relationship with the US , unfortunately this has never happened , as the saying goes we 'lick ass' .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here