Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Froch vs Groves Sky 'Gloves are off' special this Sat

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
On Sky Sports straight after the Champions League Final this Sat.

Explosive stuff apparently, and at the end of the show Froch verbally leaves Groves with nowhere to go.

Should be good....still fancy Groves to win inside 6 though.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Looks cracking. COME ON GEORGE!!!!

I reckon Froch is using up a tremndous amount of energy trying to appear not riled by Froch when he should be concentrating on other things!!!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
All I know is £16.95 to watch this fight is a total load of horse turd. Does anyone seriously pay that sort of money to watch 3 hours of television?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I'm gonna say Froch in the 6th. He took it too easy last time and will want this done a dusted. Grooves hit Froch with his best shot and knocked him down last fight but Froch got up and recovered.

Also got my ticket for Wembley.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
All I know is £16.95 to watch this fight is a total load of horse turd. Does anyone seriously pay that sort of money to watch 3 hours of television?
Not me. And 3 hours? You're being generous. A boxing match is typically less than half an hour, and it's not like you'd pay for the commentary.

If no one in this country paid for this shit, guess what - it would be free (with basic sports subscription)!

And 'Gloves are off' :facepalm: do me a favour. Do people really fall for this shit? 'They really hate each other, I wanna see them fight'. Every boxing match build is the same old bollocks, grudge match bullshit.

jamesy's

Mar 3, 2009
You stick to the soaps then fella!
=Triggaaar;6360433]Not me. And 3 hours? You're being generous. A boxing match is typically less than half an hour, and it's not like you'd pay for the commentary.

If no one in this country paid for this shit, guess what - it would be free (with basic sports subscription)!

And 'Gloves are off' :facepalm: do me a favour. Do people really fall for this shit? 'They really hate each other, I wanna see them fight'. Every boxing match build is the same old bollocks, grudge match bullshit.[/QUOTE]

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
£20 round 5 Froch @20/1....Based on the fact he was out of it, first 4/5rounds last time and still won

He didn't win, he was gifted a refereeing error. He was out of it and got lucky. Watch GG's reaction to the stoppage if you think Froch was about to win. This was in the same round Froch got buzzed by a jab.

Froch will get badly beaten within four rounds.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I think Froch will win easily this time, the stats say he beat Groves last time and whatever arguments Groves comes out with the facts don't lie

So is the full English wager back on after your man Fury got lucky the last time?

Groves inside the first 6 rounds, Froch is at the end of his career, on a big payday and despite apparently the verbal victory on Sky this week I still think Groves has got in his head.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He didn't win, he was gifted a refereeing error. He was out of it and got lucky. Watch GG's reaction to the stoppage if you think Froch was about to win. This was in the same round Froch got buzzed by a jab.

Froch will get badly beaten within four rounds.

I think you will find he did win, that's why his arm was raised a the end..Groves fought the fight of his life and Froch took him to lightly. And still Frochwon Iin the 9th round...There won't be no under estimating this time and no one will be left in any doubt who the winner is.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I think you will find he did win, that's why his arm was raised a the end..Groves fought the fight of his life and Froch took him to lightly. And still Frochwon Iin the 9th round...There won't be no under estimating this time and no one will be left in any doubt who the winner is.

Yes Groves inside 6 rounds.......

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

The 'W' on BoxRec is about as much as it counts for a win. The IBF ruled it was an improper stoppage. That is why the replay is mandated. It was all but declared a No Contest.

Considering Froch lost all nine rounds (if you are being extraordinarily generous you could make a case for him not losing two rounds, both of which he was hurt in), what can he improve upon, technically, to win this fight? Speed? His chin?

Carl also said he was in peak condition ("consummate professional" blah blah blah) and had not taken GG lightly in the first fight.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The 'W' on BoxRec is about as much as it counts for a win. The IBF ruled it was an improper stoppage. That is why the replay is mandated. It was all but declared a No Contest.

Considering Froch lost all nine rounds (if you are being extraordinarily generous you could make a case for him not losing two rounds, both of which he was hurt in), what can he improve upon, technically, to win this fight? Speed? His chin?

Carl also said he was in peak condition ("consummate professional" blah blah blah) and had not taken GG lightly in the first fight.

If you had gone down your local bookies with a Groves win ticket.Would they have paid you out any money???

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Yes Groves inside 6 rounds.......

Im interested why anyone would think that a man, who has already given his best and thrown all he has got.Yet still didn't win, can convince people that next time will be different...Froch wasn't even at the races 1st 5/6 rounds yet Groves still couldnt put his man away.Like I say Froch starts switched on and it's all over for Groves before half way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here