Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Shame he's dead. Good to see a teenager who gets involved in politics, is prepared to stand up for his beliefs and will place the needs of others above his own safety.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Shame he's dead. Good to see a teenager who gets involved in politics, is prepared to stand up for his beliefs and will place the needs of others above his own safety.

So, if some kid decided to form his own version of The Hitler Youth (because that's what form of politics he believed in) and went around doing things a good Hitler Youth member liked to do, that would be alright because it's good to stand up for your beliefs? Mmmh. Unless, of course, you are joking.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
So, if some kid decided to form his own version of The Hitler Youth (because that's what form of politics he believed in) and went around doing things a good Hitler Youth member liked to do, that would be alright because it's good to stand up for your beliefs? Mmmh. Unless, of course, you are joking.

How do you know what politics he believed in? What we do know is he went to fight against a brutal dictator, a bit like George Orwell going to fight against Franco, or the Irish who defied their own government and joined the British Army to fight fascism.
You are making assumptions based on him being a Muslim. They may prove to be correct but that is still prejudiced.

EDIT: or WH Auden or Ernest Hemingway or Laurie Lee - all of whom would be considered terrorists under our current laws.

Last edited:

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
How do you know what politics he believed in? What we do know is he went to fight against a brutal dictator, a bit like George Orwell going to fight against Franco, or the Irish who defied their own government and joined the British Army to fight fascism.
You are making assumptions based on him being a Muslim. They may prove to be correct but that is still prejudiced.

EDIT: or WH Auden or Ernest Hemingway or Laurie Lee - all of whom would be considered terrorists under our current laws.

Actually, I was doing none of the f*cking sort. I'm simply commentating on your assertion that it's "good to see a teenager who gets involved in politics...etc". l'm saying that it is only good if YOU support the politics that they are getting involved in or at the very least don't object to those politics too much. I still laugh out at loud at that video of William Hague, aged 16, addressing the Tory conference.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
police raiding the home looking for what?
I don't know but seems strange the uncle or cousin whatever was held in Guantanamo, ( who was a lovely lad?) 3 sons went to Syria to fight and yet they live in Saltdean. Respect for them standing up for their belief's but why live here.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Actually, I was doing none of the f*cking sort. I'm simply commentating on your assertion that it's "good to see a teenager who gets involved in politics...etc". l'm saying that it is only good if YOU support the politics that they are getting involved in or at the very least don't object to those politics too much. I still laugh out at loud at that video of William Hague, aged 16, addressing the Tory conference.

Ah, didn't read that as a hypothetical "he" in your previous post, so apologies.

I still think those qualities I stated would all be good to find in anyone, though admit there are worrying possibilities with respect to indoctrination and the tendency of teenagers to veer towards extremes in many aspects of their lives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here