Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pierluigi Collina - Skysports 1 last night

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Amazing programme, explained in detail the assistant refs stood on goal lines and their roles including voice recordings on key decisions in some big matches when the 1st ref has blind spots.

Quite an eye opener and if you can get it on catch up tv, I'd recommend you watch it......both Souness and Jamie Carragher each bought in and converted to this way of working!

:thumbsup:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Did they explain this?

If the ref and assistants are in constant contact why doesn't the assistant get deafened when the ref blows is whistle?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Press to transmit?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Its all done via head piece comms based on what the assistant has seen and the first ref hasnt due to blindspots, the assitant ref is not listening for a whistle. Its very clever and is real time so therefore no delays to game play.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I'm sure that programme has been on before - although I didn't see it last night I remember a program on Sky and a lot of it was just conversations during play between the ref and assistants. Was a very good programme and if this is the same one then I heartily recommend it :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here