• Pitcher & Piano, East Street

Votes: 13 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
East Street v West Street for the second quarter-final...

Yates

14450.jpg

Pitcher & Piano

2326858.jpg

Last edited:

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Neither are pubs in the true sense. When the pitcher and piano first opened i'm sure it was seen as an upmarket establishment. Both are no doubt usually full of the only way is essex wannabe pond-life.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This is an incredibly difficult one. Yates smells like a toilet, is on West Street (instant minus points) and is just generally the sort of place to be avoided at all costs.

Set that up against the Pitcher, one of the most overpriced pubs in the city, trying vainly to portray a veneer of sophistication, but in reality populated week after week with marauding gangs of cackling hen-party participants from Wakefield, Wolverhampton or Liverpool, all wearing matching pink t-shirts with legends like "Little Miss BJ", "Little Miss Shagsalot" and "Little Miss Bubbly" (always, always the more, erm, generously proportioned one); penis-shaped deelyboppers, and dragging a string of L-plate bunting behind them all night.

Hard one to call, it really is.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yates. I have, against all odds actually had one good night in the Pitcher and Piano.

Outside Yates one evening I saw a young lady throw chips and curry sauce over her boyfriend and then reach up her skirt into her knickers and lob a bloodied tampon at him which stuck to the curry sauce on his cheek. She was crying too.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Outside Yates one evening I saw a young lady throw chips and curry sauce over her boyfriend and then reach up her skirt into her knickers and lob a bloodied tampon at him which stuck to the curry sauce on his cheek. She was crying too.

Jeez, wowzers.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
yates. I have, against all odds actually had one good night in the pitcher and piano.

Outside yates one evening i saw a young lady throw chips and curry sauce over her boyfriend and then reach up her skirt into her knickers and lob a bloodied tampon at him which stuck to the curry sauce on his cheek. She was crying too.

too much information !!!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Neither. Still the Cliftonville, Hove for me.
Not keen whatsoever on the two candidates, but at least they have some life, albeit low life.
But the Cliftonville - must have been extremely cheap to build being a bland rectangular bungalow outside and inside, with a sad clientele of alcoholics, many in their latter years (they're possibly younger, but liver disease has taken its toll) and the miserably tight-fisted, chuffed because they've saved some pennies at the cost of wasting their lives in a dump devoid of atmosphere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here