Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the WORST thing that Richard Scudamore could be caught doing tomorrow...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
...after today's controversial escape?

Snapped staggering out of Spearmint Rhinos?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Fall over, causing a large GASH on his head..........right where the dick used to be....

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Publish an article in Lesbian week entitled "football isnt sexist"?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Richard Scudamore's apology statement:

Despite writing many sexist things and behaving in a sexist way I am not a sexist. Further while I have taken no meaningful action on racism I am not a racist. Just because I don't like the thought of any woolly woofters around does not make me homophobic.

I will however be stepping back from my role to devote more time to my responsibilities as a UKIP candidate.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
On a slightly opportunistic note, if you were any kind of women's football organisation trying to get some money out of the Premier League, this week would be a very good week to get the letter away.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
"Controversial mistake" FFS.

Are we going to prosecute everyone for private thought now?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
"Controversial mistake" FFS.

Are we going to prosecute everyone for private thought now?

Well, a) clearly 'we' aren't (see verdict), and b) you have two parties (him and the PA) totally contradicting each other over whether they were or weren't private emails. One of them is lying.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I feel so sorry for Rani Abraham over all this. She has...in her own words felt humiliated, belittled and disgusted.

Now stick the kettle on dear and we'll have a nice cup of tea shall we ?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
IF the comments were genuinely in an email account that as the PA claims she had to deal with (and this is totally denied by the Premier League and Scudamore, for what that's worth) then in this day and age you are asking for trouble subjecting a female, junior member of staff reading them in the course of her work.

One of the key points here must be did she get paid by the Sunday Mirror. If she didn't, there is no real motive to make it all up. If she did, it is more complicated because there clearly is, to provide a better story.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
IF the comments were genuinely in an email account that as the PA claims she had to deal with (and this is totally denied by the Premier League and Scudamore, for what that's worth) then in this day and age you are asking for trouble subjecting a female, junior member of staff reading them in the course of her work.

One of the key points here must be did she get paid by the Sunday Mirror. If she didn't, there is no real motive to make it all up. If she did, it is more complicated because there clearly is, to provide a better story.

my understanding is that she was accessing a private account in order to get contact information. she could have used the contacts lists or simply not read the email content. read it implied somwhere that was jokey ironicly put too (dont know the content though). either way, doesnt seem she was "subjected" to anything and frankly has actted unprofessionally, should have addressed any offence cuased through internal process before running off to the press.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Before this matter blew up, although obviously very good at his job, I found Scudamore it bit too arrogant and powerful.

But now after Rani Abraham's 5 minutes of fame and a ridiculous campaign by her and others, out of all proportion to the content of his private e-mails, I'm pleased that the PL clubs firmly supported him and it's looking like Abraham won't get her way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here