Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sherwood: No contact with Albion

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"Tim Sherwood has revealed he has not spoken to Albion about their managerial vacancy.

The former Tottenham boss has kept a high media profile since being sacked last week and remains bookies’ favourite to take over at the Amex.

He told talkSPORT radio this morning: "I have not spoken (to Albion). I have not been offered the job."

""I've heard a lot of rumours but I'm happy to speak to any clubs. I want to stay in management.

"I want to see if the club suits me. What I don’t want to do is go into a situation where in five months' time I'm out of a job again.”"

I wonder who are these other 'high quality' managers are ???

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I have all along thought that it is quite possible he is not on our radar at all, when so many people seem to think it is almost a done deal.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If the club 'approached' someone, that would be a sign of clear intention. Perhaps the club are not considering him-unless he applies to them

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Can not see what Sherwood has achieved as a manager? This business about playing youngsters, he only did that at Spurs because half of the other players would not play for him. The other issue is his ego, will that work with Tony? The club has to be bigger then any of its players, I feel with Sherwood it would be come a circus.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Someone needs to start this relationship off then......

Ill book a table at Donatellos and call Tony Bloom saying Tim would like to meet him for lunch, and someone needs to call Tim doing the same......

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
In fairness, he might have applied for the job, but just not have been contacted by the club?

Danny Kelly summed it up quite nicely by saying that TS was favourite to be named manager at "a number of clubs". In other words, no-one's got a clue.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm confident that Tony Bloom will be a fair way along the road to appointing our new manager. He had known for a while that Oscar would be leaving and has too much invested in this club to sit around waiting for Oscar's formal notice to leave before he started looking.

All indicators suggest that Sherwood is only favourite for the job because a few Albion fans put a tenner on him and the tabloids have picked it up from the shortening odds offered by the bookies.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Can not see what Sherwood has achieved as a manager? This business about playing youngsters, he only did that at Spurs because half of the other players would not play for him. The other issue is his ego, will that work with Tony? The club has to be bigger then any of its players, I feel with Sherwood it would be come a circus.

Unless he has stated something else somewhere I took the interest in young players to be about TS's former role at Spurs, ie youth development. He said on GOS that he feels that youth development is poor in this country and that managers are too quick to discard young players in favour of chequebook management.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Even if there had been i don t expect him to advertise it. People like to save face. If he came out saying yes I've spoken to Albion i am a candidate for the job and he does not get it he will look a bit of an idiot. Little bit like Martinez with the Liverpool job a few years ago. Like last year i don t expect to hear who we have spoken to until that man has the job.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ronaldo as player manager?
Not sure what the obvious reasons you mention are mate...

Because one of the bookies favourites for the job, Paul Clement, is currently assistant manager at Real Madrid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here