Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OSCAR GARCIA wants to replace Mauricio Pochettino

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Distressing news. Are there no good people left in football?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
He might want the job, I doubt he'll get it. Sherwood for one will be ahead of him in the queue if he's not been snapped up.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I'm not sure what anyone will be getting when they appoint Oscar. After one year of his management of BHA I really couldn't tell you what his main characteristics are as a manager. Perhaps he's a genius.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It should be said that we have no idea as to whether there is any truth in this story whatsoever.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Nothing to see here, no quotes of Oscar even hinting about the job. Pochettino hasn't even left Southampton either. If Oscar was to leave, I think he'll go and manage in Spain.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I'm not sure what anyone will be getting when they appoint Oscar. After one year of his management of BHA I really couldn't tell you what his main characteristics are as a manager. Perhaps he's a genius.

His season came down to one game at Derby and needing to win it, so he started with one striker, showing the opposition his intent. Decided to bring on CMS and KLL when we were two down.It has crossed my mind if jumped before he was pushed as there has been no shock reaction from the club. Perhaps he is a genius, but him using the phylosophies from other countries to work in the UK didn't come off.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Exactly my thoughts about Oscar. I didn't know what to expect from him and am not sure what we got.

I fully supported him but many of our performances left us all scratching our heads in bewilderment at how crap we were one day then how good we were the next then crap the next. Southampton will have already watched those games and if they were mildly interested...

Oscar kept us in the hunt for promotion until we collapsed against Derby so he must have done a reasonably good job-is that enough to move Southampton to the next level? I doubt it.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Nothing to see here, no quotes of Oscar even hinting about the job. Pochettino hasn't even left Southampton either. If Oscar was to leave, I think he'll go and manage in Spain.

Hasn't he left already?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
At least he can speak English.

I would have thought someone like Laudrup might be a better bet, Prem experience but with a budget to spend once they offload Lallana and Shaw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here