Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steven Reid

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
According to Sky Sports us and Burnley are after him after being released from West Brom

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Would be a great signing. Good experience, would provide leadership and still a decent player.

Magic City

Mar 29, 2014
Interesting considering Calderon and Bruno have both been offered contracts. Just because Burnley have gone up doesn't mean he'll certainly go there, as their right-back Trippier is a fantastic player. If he stays at Burnley, maybe Reid would rather be first choice here than sit on the bench up there. Still, even if he doesn't join etc, I'm still encouraged that this is the type of player that we are being linked with.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Bit strange that us and Burnley are supposedly after him. We've offered both our right backs new deals, and one of Burnley's best players is their right back, Trippier. Obviously Bruno and Calderon might not sign but I'd imagine Reid might command higher wages than both of them. Can't see this one happening.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
More than just Burnley in the frame according to SSN...

Newly-promoted Burnley, Queens Park Rangers, Brighton and Leeds are among the clubs looking at the 33-year-old, who can play in defence or midfield.

After this season, really wouldn't be surprised if Leeds were the next club to splash stupid levels of cash to try to buy promotion (also see them missing the target and being in or close to administration within 18m).

adub68

Jul 25, 2013
I see WBA also released Liam Ridgewell. Left back / centre half cover if either Ward does not come back and he cant find a better option?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I guess if we have three 30+ right backs, chances are at least one of them may be fit to play at any one time?

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Yeah let's spunk our top dollar on a 33 year old perpetually injured player when we have two decent right backs in the squad. I know Bruno is out of contract but still. The rumour mill is going to have to do better than this.

Steven Reid. :shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here