Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Division 4 (sorry, League 2) playoff finall

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Burton vs Fleetwood? Burton vs Fleetwood? Surely they're not even in the league are they? About time we had some "proper" teams fighting their way up the ladder.

Magic City

Mar 29, 2014
It will be a fantastic achievement for either side, like Crawley's a few years ago. Fleetwood have a great young manager in Graham Alexander (former penalty king for Burnley) and also have Steven Schumacher; a personal favourite from the Withdean era. Rotherham or Leyton Orient are going to be in the Championship; Rotherham are traditionally of that level, but were in League 2 only a few seasons ago.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Burton vs Fleetwood? Burton vs Fleetwood? Surely they're not even in the league are they? About time we had some "proper" teams fighting their way up the ladder.

Quite right. This evolution of smaller clubs into proffesional outfite over many years of hard work, is all absolute bollocks.

Chuck Hull out of the Prem, I say, and bring back the Royal Engineers.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
It will be a fantastic achievement for either side, like Crawley's a few years ago. Fleetwood have a great young manager in Graham Alexander (former penalty king for Burnley) and also have Steven Schumacher; a personal favourite from the Withdean era. Rotherham or Leyton Orient are going to be in the Championship; Rotherham are traditionally of that level, but were in League 2 only a few seasons ago.

If I'm right, didn't Rotherham also have a big points deduction? The same year as Bournemouth too if I remember rightly.

Magic City

Mar 29, 2014
If I'm right, didn't Rotherham also have a big points deduction? The same year as Bournemouth too if I remember rightly.

That certainly rang a bell and after a quick search it seems as though the points deduction was in 2008. It put them second bottom of the 4th division! I'd like them a lot more if Steve Evans wasn't in charge!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006

In the same season, Rotherham and Bournemouth started the season on -17 and Luton started on -30. Yet Grimsby only managed to stay up with two games to go, long after Rotherham and Bournemouth shot up the table past them.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'm quite looking forward to watching it, my girlfriend is a Macclesfield fan and genuinely enjoys watching lower league football (which is a good job really), so it's very likely to be on in our house. Happy days.

That said, I've not decided which team I'll be supporting yet, probably Fleetwood.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Quite right. This evolution of smaller clubs into proffesional outfite over many years of hard work, is all absolute bollocks.

Chuck Hull out of the Prem, I say, and bring back the Royal Engineers.

And Bradford Park Avenue ...

The hell with that!:"B" teams are the (official) way forward... make damn sure that none of these upstarts ever gets a chance :blush:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Fleetwood have spent quite a bit of Money this year in recent years and I had them to go up in the playoffs along side Orient, shame I chose Charlton for the Championship.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Fleetwood have spent quite a bit of Money this year in recent years and I had them to go up in the playoffs along side Orient, shame I chose Charlton for the Championship.

How did you come up with Charlton for Championship play offs?

Porkydale

Jun 6, 2011
Going up in the right way by not overspending is the Rochdale way ,thats why we have been stuck in the nether regions for 200 years.One day we may play you again

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
What sort of crowd is that game going to get? Not worth being at Wembley surely.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What sort of crowd is that game going to get? Not worth being at Wembley surely.

Oh come on, I have no problem at all with teams at that level getting something to aspire to. Yes, it will be two thirds empty, but for the players, it's probably a once in a lifetime experience, and who are we to deny them that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here