Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Bring the Happy (Brighton Festival)

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
One of the groups at this year's festival is gathering happy memories from the people of Brighton, as part of an ongoing project to map the happiness of the UK. So far they've got a single memory at the Amex, and nothing at all at Withdean or the Goldstone. I'm sure we can do better than this: they got a dozen memories pinned to Elland Road when they did Leeds.

If you want to leave a happy memory of your own, you just open the Bring the Happy map, zoom into the location where you want to drop a new pin and double-click. It pops up a box for you to describe the event and rate how happy it made you feel. (A lot of happy-sounding memories have been submitted with the default score of 1/10, so don't forget the rating bit.) Or you can just explore the online map reading what other people have submitted.

If you're in town on Monday, you can also pop into the ONCA Gallery on St George's Place to leave a memory in person and see their physical 3D map of Brighton's happiness.

Some of the Brighton memories will then get incorporated into their evolving live show, which is on at The Old Market next weekend. I went to a performance of it at the Edinburgh Festival last year and it was, as you might expect, a very happy experience, but also moving, and funny, and occasionally bittersweet.

(Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with the performers at all, but I am going to the live show again on Friday and I'd like them to have lots of good material from Brighton to work into it. :smile: )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here