Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Henfield One - take a bow!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
What an outstanding tournament this weekend at Henfield. Thanks to all who made it so enjoyable.

My girls won the tournament and my boys finished an honourable 4th place.

Thoroughly enjoyed by all of us at Mile Oak Wanderers!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What an outstanding tournament this weekend at Henfield. Thanks to all who made it so enjoyable.

My girls won the tournament and my boys finished an honourable 4th place.

Thoroughly enjoyed by all of us at Mile Oak Wanderers!

Doh, my girls finished 3rd!!!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
My sons Under 10 team played yesterday morning, has to be the best organised tournament I've been to. All the matches on time as scheduled, stewards parking people with minimal fuss, even portaloos so there wasn't massive queues for toilets etc.

Most enjoyable especially as the weather was so good.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Were there any..........Get off the pitch, announcements on the public address system? :lolol:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
My sons Under 10 team played yesterday morning, has to be the best organised tournament I've been to. All the matches on time as scheduled, stewards parking people with minimal fuss, even portaloos so there wasn't massive queues for toilets etc.

Could anyone possibly imagine that a tournament organised by the man who organised the fight for the stadium would be less than excellent? Perhaps they're meant for footballers only but isn't there a spare banner space outside the west stand now that Oscar's gone?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Girls U11s was running late. Also, foolish not to play the retreat rule at goal kicks when the girls at that age group have been playing it all season!!! Ridiculous. Other than that, it was ok.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Girls U11s was running late. Also, foolish not to play the retreat rule at goal kicks when the girls at that age group have been playing it all season!!! Ridiculous. Other than that, it was ok.

Strangely in the boys under 10s they did play the retreat rule. Maybe the refs mistake.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Well done- I saw you win it yesterday your lads played really well

Cheers mate. Really tough semi against arch rivals Chesworth (albeit half the Chesworth team and half the Henfield team make up most of the Horsham U15's on Sundays). Even tougher final against Denton who are very good. My lad was our goalie who saved their last penalty and scored ours to win it. Very proud Dad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here