Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jimmy Case.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Happy birthday Jimmy. I remember his testimonial at The Goldstone like it was yesterday ( 20 Years ago :eek::eek::eek: ).

Was that the game that LeTiss turned out in blue and white stripes, together with Liam Brady for a cameo?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Was that the game that LeTiss turned out in blue and white stripes, together with Liam Brady for a cameo?

That's the one. Le Tiss was absolute class, along with a full strength Liverpool squad who included, David James, John Barnes and Robbie Fowler to mention but a few.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That's the one. Le Tiss was absolute class, along with a full strength Liverpool squad who included, David James, John Barnes and Robbie Fowler to mention but a few.

I have a distinct mental image of the great LeTiss trotting towards the North Stand goal for a corner, resplendent in blue and white stripes.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I have a distinct mental image of the great LeTiss trotting towards the North Stand goal for a corner, resplendent in blue and white stripes.

I was totally in awe of the skill that Le Tiss and a lot of the other footballers possessed ( being a testimonial there was quite a bit of Showboating ) and it left me thinking "What if? " & "If only?". Then again we had the great John Byrne.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Two years older than me ffs!
When I watched him in his POMP I thought he was as old as my DAD:eek:
I loved the way he would CLATTER some bloke in midfield and help him up via his hair and tap him on the head.
The ref always seemed to let him off:laugh:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
One of my favourite games as a kid at the Goldstone was the one when Jimmy Case walked up to the linesman and pushed his forehead against his and held it there while he remonstrated about a decision and the crowd chanted "Jimmy's gonna get you". Was that a one off or a regular thing? Either way, classic. Happy Birthday Jimmy.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
One of my favourite games as a kid at the Goldstone was the one when Jimmy Case walked up to the linesman and pushed his forehead against his and held it there while he remonstrated about a decision and the crowd chanted "Jimmy's gonna get you". Was that a one off or a regular thing? Either way, classic. Happy Birthday Jimmy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here