seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Peacehaven ... small town near Whitehawk :lol:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Was a decent game and allot closer than the scoreline suggested. Peacehaven could have been 2 up in the first couple of minutes but then Bognor got back into it and were probably the better side in the first half. They were massively unlucky hitting both posts before the ball bounced back into the keepers hand. Peacehaven then went up the other end and scored a few minutes later. Second half was equally as tight. Peacehaven scored with a header from a corner. Don't know about the last goal as in true Amex style I left before the end.

Odd bunch the Bognor fans but the stewards were very twattish in their behavior so I guess somethings never change.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Was a decent game and allot closer than the scoreline suggested. Peacehaven could have been 2 up in the first couple of minutes but then Bognor got back into it and were probably the better side in the first half. They were massively unlucky hitting both posts before the ball bounced back into the keepers hand. Peacehaven then went up the other end and scored a few minutes later. Second half was equally as tight. Peacehaven scored with a header from a corner. Don't know about the last goal as in true Amex style I left before the end.

Odd bunch the Bognor fans but the stewards were very twattish in their behavior so I guess somethings never change.

Third goal was the best of the lot, and the stewards were equally twattish in the Peacehaven end.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Third goal was the best of the lot, and the stewards were equally twattish in the Peacehaven end.

Not sure why the stewards were twattish to Peacehaven fans, loads of people on Twitter this afternoon saying PTFC fans were very quite even when winning 3-0.
What were the stewards doing?

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Not sure why the stewards were twattish to Peacehaven fans, loads of people on Twitter this afternoon saying PTFC fans were very quite even when winning 3-0.
What were the stewards doing?

A bit of noise in the Peacehaven end but the Bognor fans were louder until the 2nd goal went in.
Stewards would not let Peaceahaven fans drap flags over the barrier, and constantly bollocking people for standing up.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I thought it was a very entertaining game actually, (once l had got in that was, l had to queue for the best part of an hour to purchase a ticket ... just as well the k.o. had been put back for half an hour due to an accident on the A27 delaying many Bognor fans).

Once Peacehaven scored their first goal towards the end of the first half it seemed to knock the stuffing out of Bognor, and Peacehaven came away worthy winners.

Nice too, to be able to watch a game at the Amex, where l really wasn't concerned which of the two teams ended up victorious.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
A bit of noise in the Peacehaven end but the Bognor fans were louder until the 2nd goal went in.
Stewards would not let Peaceahaven fans drap flags over the barrier, and constantly bollocking people for standing up.

Less than 3,000 fans to worry about at the match and they don't allow a few flags, sounds very petty.
Where is Doc? He's not pissed again is he?

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Less than 3,000 fans to worry about at the match and they don't allow a few flags, sounds very petty.

Yeah an attendance of 2003 so totally over the top.

Doc had his boy with him, so behaving himself. I am sure he will be on here a bit later.

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
I was in with the peacehaven end as a neutral ,the stewards are so poor and embarrassing , jumped up twats ,a few couples husbands and wife's just enjoying the day and seeing their team winning getting watched and talked about by the idiots in jackets couldn't believe what I was seeing one poor bloke was told of for waving his flag f----sake .

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
I was in with the peacehaven end as a neutral ,the stewards are so poor and embarrassing , jumped up twats ,a few couples husbands and wife's just enjoying the day and seeing their team winning getting watched and talked about by the idiots in jackets couldn't believe what I was seeing one poor bloke was told of for waving his flag f----sake .

Yeah, that was a mate of mine who was with his son. They threatened to throw him out because he had the audacity to wave a flag when Peacehaven scored.

I'm working on it as we speak, having a dignified celebration, I won't head into Peacehaven central tonight because if its gets any livelier a funeral might break out.

Great day out, due to the weather, pitch, atmosphere and result,Congratulations to Shaun, his team and all the players, so in reality I've got no complaints at all, as I say a great day out.

but what the hell, here goes, the important bit. We only pay £3 a pint (in a glass) We can stand, and sing and the kids can walk and play where they like, without being told off by stewards with nothing else to do. We can hang up our assortment of eight foot flags without (and I am not joking here) asked to produce my Fire Retardent Certificate. Never got asked that in Le Harve, The Stadio Olyimpico, the Ajax Arena, De Kuip (Rotterdam) Guernsey's 'national' Stadium or even Wembley. We never get threatened with being thrown out if we fail to retrieve a flag being passed over peoples heads 10 rows and one block away. Said flag that cost the supporters sixty quid only a couple of weeks ago has been confiscated and not seen since.

Who cares? like I said, a great day out and the result/performance conquers all, but I cant wait for VCD Athletic away next season!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here