Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunday Times Rich List 2014

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Always wonder why Tony Bloom isn't listed in the richest 1000 peope in Britain. Minimum qualification is assets of (only !!) £85 million +

Interesting some of the football ownership members:

2nd Alisher Usmanov - 30% owner of Arsenal
3rd Lakshmi Mittal - 33% owner of QPR
9th Roman Abramovich
22nd Mike Ashley - Newcastle
25th Joe Lewis - Tottenham
78th Coates family - Stoke
98th Ellis Short - Sunderland
131st David Sullivan - 50% of West Ham
143rd Marcus Evans - Ipswich
155th Steve Morgan - Wolves
164th Trevor Hemmings - Preston
253rd Tony Fernandes - QPR
295th Assem Allam - Hull
329th Dean Hoyle - Huddersfield
396th David Gold - West Ham
452nd Steve Gibson - Middlesbrough
458th Dave Whelan - Wigan

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I suppose this doesn't take into account income. Wealth and income aren't the same thing, and that also depends if the club is classed as an asset to him. I should hope not...

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
All his money is abroad I guess.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It's because he's very private. I know at least two people who'd be on the list if they were less careful about their confidentiality and probably a third person. It does require a concerted effort to maintain privacy, even more so, I guess, if you're a football club Chairman, but it can be done.

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013
Some are so rich they pay not to be on the list..

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How long until the palace bores start claiming Bloom is a pauper ???

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I didn't realise that it was a pre requisite.
You can always go and support one of the billionaire clubs if you like.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
The thing that amazed me is that Jamie Oliver is worth more than the Beckhams???

He had a bit of success a few years ago but surely not enough to get that much?? I guess it explains why his restaurants are so expensive for the rubbish and cold food (this may just be the Reading one, but has been awful both times I've been)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I think the Times list is money in this country, our Tonys mmoney is mainly abroad

its based on assets owned by people resident in the UK. hence someone like Mittel who's wealth is ownership of massive corporations in India, but lives here so gets on the list.

It's because he's very private. .

people always say he's not there for this reason, yet there are many very reclusive, secretive people who are there. one could stay off by being under the radar, but spashing out >£200m on a Championship football kinda gets you on the radar. i'd go with the accountant theory, as he doesnt appear in the Aussie version either, and no one really seems to know even how he's amassed his fortune.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The thing that amazed me is that Jamie Oliver is worth more than the Beckhams???

He had a bit of success a few years ago but surely not enough to get that much?? I guess it explains why his restaurants are so expensive for the rubbish and cold food (this may just be the Reading one, but has been awful both times I've been)
Posh Spice is a slapper
She's spent all David's cash
And now she's over 40
She's got a massive g***

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here