Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sherwood on Goals on Sunday

Seagull Crow

Sep 3, 2012
Did anyone else catch the interview with Sherwood this morning? The answers he gave seemed to tick a lot of boxes in terms of what Bloom and the board are looking for.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Yes, agree he ticks the boxes and I warmed to him, must admit. We would tick a lot of boxes for him, I should think. Mind you if Pochetini goes to Spurs so would Southampton!

Last edited:

ChicagoGull

May 17, 2014
Posted this in the other topic, thought I'd put it in here too.

Very interesting final 10 minutes there that I'm sure every BHA fan sat and watched with interest.

Would drop down to a Championship club if we matched each others expectations.
Believes in development in a huge way and would need to implement that or go to a club that agrees.
Not a fan of a director of football, unless they work well with the manager and the manager does get a final sanction on the transfers.
Won't dress up his ideas and would make it clear what he will do and why he will do it.
Went on about Spurs and their training facility with a sparkle in his eye.

Seems to me like we tick alot of each others boxes. Bring in Tim and Les with Inigo in the Oatway role and I would be absolutely delighted.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
He's a football man, who takes no prisoners.

Feel free to add to this list of tabloid football nonsensical claptrap...

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
past 2 managers have had an issue with transfers, would you think Sherwood would sit around while David Burke played football manager on his computer and say ' here you go Tim, i know you wanted this guy, but ive decided to buy someone else '

if they can work together, then go for it

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He has got to be number one choice. I thought he came across very well. I don't see what he could really achieve by going to WBA other than just aim at a mid table finish. Here he can make something of his own and surpass or equal anything WBA can achieve. Also the facilities here and location to London where one presumes he lives are far more attractive than some Midlands dump.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If we do go for him can see it taking ages before he decides between us and another Club. Really want this sorted out ASAP.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
This was a close to an actual job interview we as fans will see and he came across very well. Honest, communicates, wants to develop youth and didn't rule out a championship club. He says he would like to have an honest conversation with the owners or chairman of (he nearly says Brighton at that point) whatever interested club. To me this implies that we haven't had a proper conversation / interview with him yet (although I believe the club have been in contact with him). This either means we are dithering around and will miss out, or he is waiting to see what the options are and we will miss out because we won't be the best option. Hope I'm wrong.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
As the club hired two previously unproven at this level managers, and got them, it would appear against their will, to work within a budget and with little leeway in the transfer market, any candidates would have to work within the same framework I should imagine ???

Word gets around, and I'm concerned top quality people might be put off by our set-up...

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Can't we put this budget bullshite myth to bed. Gus spent a bloody fortune on players when he was here and he is the sort of manager that wants more, more ,more all the time. And we didn't buy anyone under Garcia because of the fortune Poyet had already spent on wages etc, on player who's contracts were coming to an end. I firmly believe there will be plenty of money for wages and transfer fees for the new manager. Don't buy everything you get spoon fed from the club, they have been holding back for a reason. To clear the decks, ditch the dead wood and start afresh.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Sherwood would be my number one choice but I have my doubts whether we can afford him. I think a cheap option like Clement is far more likely.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Sherwood would be my number one choice but I have my doubts whether we can afford him. I think a cheap option like Clement is far more likely.

In his interview on the BBC website, I seem to remember Tony Bloom saying that we would pay whatever is needed for the right manager. I guess there would need to be some sort of sensible limit on that' like not going after Mourinho or Ancelotti, but it would imply Sherwood's demands may not be a problem...... of he were deemed to be the right person, and it is not our decision.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't understand why a man who's failings and struggles dealing with pressure were there for all to see, last season.
Is now a great choice because he presented himself well when sat in a TV studio batting back simple questions.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I don't understand why a man who's failings and struggles dealing with pressure were there for all to see, last season.
Is now a great choice because he presented himself well when sat in a TV studio batting back simple questions.

What failings were they then??? Finishing 6th in the prem in his first job as manager.???

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

I agree and can see him becoming like holloway where he starts loving the attention and sound of his own voice in interviews. If we are looking for long term stability I would say this is a long way from who we want to be looking at. Still think he will land a prem job

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The way I see it with Sherwood is that if he is offered the job and if Brighton fits his the way he wants to manage (there is the stumbling block) then he would be here for the long haul.
We would not suffer any of the shenanigans of the past 2 managers, Sherwood is far to honest and hardworking for that to happen, he is old school in that respect, he does not seem to be the type of person to let anybody down.
Of course, if he is very successful other clubs will come in after him, that will always happen.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
He made it clear that they were a team, him, Les and Chris. Doesn't leave a lot of room for our Nathan. I shall miss him!

Seagull97

Jan 13, 2014
The way I see it with Sherwood is that if he is offered the job and if Brighton fits his the way he wants to manage (there is the stumbling block) then he would be here for the long haul.
We would not suffer any of the shenanigans of the past 2 managers, Sherwood is far to honest and hardworking for that to happen, he is old school in that respect, he does not seem to be the type of person to let anybody down.
Of course, if he is very successful other clubs will come in after him, that will always happen.

It's always going to happen as everyone has their price unfortunately

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here